Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

auto ls with drag 3 turbo kit

autolsturbo
01-11-2002, 12:57 AM
here to all the import fans and the drivers of integra ls automatic turbo. hey guess what, i just put on the drag 3 turbo kit, and i am running 10psi of boost. can anybody tell me how much psi should i be running with stock b18b engine? it seems fine right now, but i think if i keep running that high, i might blow the engine some how. any commons will be appreciated.. thanx..

petzride
01-12-2002, 01:40 AM
ah...I have no turbo, so I absolutely have no idea...:D

but I think u can post this in N2O/Turbo/Superchargers forum if no one answer u here....
just in case if u need it asap....

:)

autolsturbo
01-13-2002, 12:33 AM
thanx.. i will try that ..

LS/TURBO
01-14-2002, 06:09 PM
Hey i have a cuple of questions about running turbo with automatic cars. i just bought a drag myself and i'm just wondering how is working with the auto tranny.is it shiftig right? is the integra going faster now? let me know or email me. thanks

autolsturbo
01-14-2002, 11:03 PM
to tell you the truth, i love it, even though with auto trans, eheh.. i still kick ass. it might seems slow when you driving on D4, that just cause it is low RPM, but if you race on the street, you put on D1,or 1(first gear) and then floor it til the rpm reaches 3000, and release the brake and push the gas hard til it reach 7000 then the D2, and then D3,and so far, you will feel it .. oh my god, it is so fast, i am sure you will love it too.. so far, nothing wrong with my engine. eheh.. hope not, ehehe. and runs great right now ..

ImportNut1212
01-15-2002, 11:11 PM
i have two comments:
1)i'm sorry, and i respect your car and the turbo kit....but putting a $4000 turbo kit on an automatic LS????? why not sell the LS, and take that 4K put it towards a GSR, or a manual type of Integra? I love integras and they are among my favorite cars, but i dont think theres much respect behind automatic tuned cars....unless its a superhybrid or some shit like that.

2) your gonna blow up your engine and leave your transmission behind you if you keep driving it like that. putting the break and the gas down at the same time puts alot of stress on your axles and drivetrain in general. and i dont know if i would recomend driving around in D1 all the time.

ImportNut1212
01-15-2002, 11:13 PM
i forgot to mention that you should keep your boost at or below 10psi. The stock B18 block isnt suited for high amounts of boost, and you'll end up burning up your engine. If you want to run more boost, you need to do some internal work...ie. head work, cams, head gaskets, pistons, rods, strengthened block etc. This all translates into $$$$$. and again, thats $$$ you could be spending on a 5spd tranny :)

integr8
01-16-2002, 06:34 PM
9-10psi should be the max on stock internals

Add your comment to this topic!