rear window tint warning

mospeed1
04-12-2004, 09:53 AM
i dont know if this has happend to anyone else but if you titn the rear glass and use the defroster the back window will explode and izusu will do nothing about it

well it happened again today,last year i was in n.c and it was snowing so i put my rear defroster on and the back window shattered i had to drive 12 hours home to florida with plastic on the back window the dealership said that the aftermarket window tint made the window explode and that it would not be covered under warrenty

so today my wife was driving the truck in the rain and put the rear defroster on and once again the rear window shattered and once again izusu will not do the right thing and repair the problem or issue a warning for people with after market tint but this time im doing the right thing last time the dealership charge me 511.00 so now im using safelite autoglass there coming to my house later today for 215.00 dollars

2eyefishclaw
04-12-2004, 08:16 PM
its not Isuzu's problem it is the person tinting the window when they cut the tint they etch the window giving it a weak spot and will eventually break

mospeed1
04-13-2004, 03:58 PM
but it breaks when the rear defroster is on,isuzu corprate office said theve have done test and they agreed with you that the window will break if the tint installer cuts the metal wire in the glass,i asked isusu why there not a saftey sytem that if the window gets to hot or if there a short in the system why dosnt the system shut down

the glass guy that came to my house said he replaces alot of rear window on rodeo do to stress he said thee a total of 15 holes in the rear glass(hinges lights etc...) and they ussllay break after a while..he said that isuzu knows that the rear window is a poor design

04_AxiomXS
09-05-2004, 04:26 PM
The problem is not that the window is being tinted it is that the tint guy is not cutting out around the defrost lines and alot of them dont do that because one it is hard as hell to do and two they simply might not be that good get the tint job done from a reputable tinter and make sure they cut around the lines after they tint the window

mospeed1
09-06-2004, 04:01 PM
then why did this only happened on the rodeo and none of my other cars that where all tinted???

04_AxiomXS
09-06-2004, 06:03 PM
There are several possible answers to that.
1. perhaps the others were cut around
2. perhaps the others dont get as hot as isuzu
3. perhaps you have some sort of power surge issue on the rear defroster and its not the tint at all.

mospeed1
09-07-2004, 03:18 PM
ya i just disconected the rear defroster to be safe

Add your comment to this topic!