Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Transmission!

Skullmaster
04-11-2004, 05:37 PM
Well it's the long weekend and i'm waiting for it to end so the garage can finish putting in my new(used) tranny. It's a 93 SL1, are there lots of known problems with the tranny's? or am i very unlucky?? I'm in a different city goin back home when i realize something is very very wrong. All gears start making a sound very similar to the sound Reverse makes, whinning sound. So i'm in 5th gear coming up to the off ramp and i decide it would probably be better for me to slowdown in neutral rather than downshifting, and as soon as i start to release the clutch in neutral boom!!! something explodes out of the tranny and flys behind me almost smashing the car behing me. It sounded so bad that I didn't think ni would be driving away. I ended up driving 3 more days with the car like that be4 going to the garage (had no choice). Mechanic said something about maybe a loose nut or something that came undone and was banging around destroying stuff in my transmission. This couldn't be from bass issues could it?? i did have my vacuum line come undone from the bass and flew off when i first got my system in... well thats my story and i bought my used tranny for $240.00can let me know what u think, maybe something that could help me out for the future.
~Skullmaster

Add your comment to this topic!