Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Nissan Skyline GTR-34 V Spec II Pro Builder!

mel_carramel
04-11-2004, 10:37 AM
Anyone here building Nissan Skyline GTR-34 V Spec II detailed modification.. N Styles.. or any others wanna share thoughts and skills?

Discussion on parts...engine refitting... buildings of parts from scratch..

Any Pros and Hardcore.. pls.. A newly fresh enthusiast finding help...

Can u guys post pictures and may be working blue prints?

hondaaccordboy21
04-11-2004, 10:49 AM
Check out www.scaleautostyle.com If your talking about an n style bodykit.

mel_carramel
04-11-2004, 10:51 AM
ive seen SAS.. its damn cool.. i mailed steve.. the owner of that page.. he even hand me some undisclosed pics of his work... any others that u know?

freakray
04-11-2004, 11:22 AM
ive seen SAS.. its damn cool.. i mailed steve.. the owner of that page.. he even hand me some undisclosed pics of his work... any others that u know?

Steve? Don't you mean Chris?

What exactly are you looking for?
The R34 kit is curbside, so what do you want to know? How to fit an engine to the kit?

mel_carramel
04-11-2004, 11:34 AM
yes... how to fit engine... how to built nice air filters... how to make my car look nice... like others.. im sorry about the mess... i didnt mean it.. im new to this.. not really sure what i was pressing.. dont be mad..

Vric
04-11-2004, 11:40 AM
Two link you need to read before asking question

F.A.Q. (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63623)

How to (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=108152)

mel_carramel
04-11-2004, 12:08 PM
thanks Vric.. it helped a lott

turbo type-r
04-11-2004, 02:55 PM
i have its a pretty easy kit to build if you wanted to you could build it in a day with a semi-gloss spray paint color for the interior and a gloss spray color for the exterior and some hobby glu its as easy as that . i highly suggest that you build it

blueboost
04-11-2004, 07:57 PM
focus on the painting how-to in the "how-to section" for a good paint job. thats going to be very important. Most people on the boards swear by Tamiya rattle cans. They are great paints and will be the easiest for you to lay down some quality coats of paint. Don't skimp when it comes time to pay for the paint, go strait for the good stuff.

if you want to add an engine to a curbside model, there is a how-to by flyonthewall for opening doors/hoods etc.. in the how-to section. this is the ONLY way I would recommend going about it. sourcing a RB26 engine for your skyline is as easy as grabbing a tamiya R32 skyline GTR model kit. it has full engine detail. besides cutting the hood, the rest of the engine detail is all up to you. it will fit in with some minor modifications, granted it won't be an "easy" build. hiroboy, NISMO400R, myself and other people on the boards here have all done a RB26 into a curbside kit so, any questions you have just ask.

another small but important detail on the R34 is making sure you use "white" glue on the head and tail lights. make sure you use a good glue like elmers, you want a glue that is going to dry clear and not fog/melt your clear parts.

these are some of the specifics I can think of off the top of my head. ;)

Hiroboy
04-12-2004, 02:09 AM
Hi Kamil
It's Steve. the one that sent the info. It was not Chris from SAS,
The best thing to do is to read and much as you can on here and do searches, you will find answers to all your questions.

mel_carramel
04-12-2004, 06:55 AM
Thank u all u guys.. im soo flattered you all are sooo friendly and willing to share everything :) thank u soo much... STEVE MY MAN! and Yvonne!! ur b-e-a-u-tiful~! :) hope to hear u all soon...

wanna check my car? DONT LAUGH PLSSSSS....

i had that 350Z done a week few weeks ago.. and now fully concentration to my skyline...

http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/502/169568DSC04740-med.jpg

this is my skyline... see the engine?? it looks weird~! help me out.. any alteration??
http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/502/169568DSC04811-med.jpg

mel_carramel
04-12-2004, 06:59 AM
uhmm..steve... anyways i can buy ur hood at SAS without using credit cards?? i have no credit card or even paypals... info pls..

mel_carramel
04-12-2004, 07:12 AM
i got another pic.. where i just got done with the bottle and another metal bottle which i saw in some pic of a skyline whom had that... i fix on the body just to make it look like a car.. hehehe

http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/502/169568DSC04817-med.JPG

mel_carramel
04-12-2004, 07:21 AM
another one from a straight up... this is the detail of what ive done...

steve.. if u read this... remember the outline u gave me? the layout plan for fixing the engine thing to my R34... well.. this car actually is another project car.. i had 3 same kits which one of it will be like urs when its done :) hehehe

this one.. i made a few major mistake of cutting off the whole piece of engine and i fix the R32 into it.. bu using glue.. it didnt look good tho.. but i will improve.. i learnt a few thing.. and this is what i did

1. i made a custom turbo turbine.. just like steve taught me..
2. i made those bottles from eraser which i carve and made it look like how u saw it...
3. i made those hoses and cables just to make myself happy :)
4. i modified those radioators by cutting the lower side so it will fix the car.. coz before u send me the layout.. i didnt know...

so.. after this i will be getting another set of the item 24090 coz the item now im using is actually from a skyline axia and its detailed engine is not really nice...

now.. the question... what else can i use if i cant get a pla plate... coz in here.. its soooo dificult to get those... even epoxy putty is in hell to find here.. all i have is rubbing compund... which i had to wait for a few weeks before stocks arrive here.. from singapore.. and its enpensive! hehehe

how bout styrene and stuff.. where can i get it? or any substitutes?

mel_carramel
04-12-2004, 07:21 AM
http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/500/169568DSC04818-med.JPG

TanKaBoY
04-12-2004, 07:26 AM
where u get that rb26 engine?
from tamiya's 32? if so..... do u buy that kit just for the engine?

mel_carramel
04-12-2004, 07:32 AM
yes i did.. and some other parts.. like the steerings... the bucket seats... the engine of course.. radiators.. and all i can use.. especially slick tyres..

turbo type-r
04-12-2004, 04:09 PM
pretty sweet mel

Add your comment to this topic!