Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Please help me on clearing 38's!!!!!!!

toyotaholik
04-10-2004, 08:40 PM
I want to clear 38's on my 2004 Taco and i need to know what will be the best way to do it without a lot of scrub. I want 2 use trailmaster 6 inch, 3 inch body lift, revtek spacers in the front, but i dont know what to add to the rear to complete a 12 inch lift. Since the trailmaster comes with a differential drop should i have to worry about the CV angles ALOT? Also what about gears? Can I run the stock 4:10's until i can save for gears? what gears would bring it closest to stock with the 38's? I want the tires to be at least 14 inches wide. my truck is a 5 speed manual. PLEASE someone help me with this that knows what they are talking about. THANK YOU!!!! Any help is appreciated.

superjoe83
04-10-2004, 09:07 PM
I'm guessing that this truck will be a pavement pounder, because if you wheel it, those CV axles wont hold up, 33's are the biggest id go if you are going to take it off road, about gears, with 4.10's and 38's you will probably have to start out in low range, unless you want to burn up your clutch, 5.29's will work but don't go any lower, because they make 5.71's but they are weak because the pinion is so small, and you should do some kind of brake upgrade, because those tires weigh a lot more than your stock ones. about the rear, I'm not too sure, you best bet would have a spring shop re-arch your springs, and go with a add-a-leaf, shackles, and (hate to say it) blocks, hope this helps, thats all i can think of right now, i may think of something later so i may post again :)

Add your comment to this topic!