Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

50 Fastest Musclecars

caramon98
04-10-2004, 02:41 PM
I have an old magazine somewhere with the 50 fastest musclecars in it...the same list that is on the musclecarclub.com website. However, if I remeber correctly, there is an addendum to the list not printed on the website. The addendum had cars on it that were produced in insufficient numbers to make them eligible for the main list but that would have otherwise been on the list. The addendum included the Yenko Chevelle and Camaro, maybe the Cougar Boss 429 Eliminator, and some others. Does this ring a bell with anyone? If so, do you know where I can find a copy of this list?

1g1yy
04-13-2004, 01:16 PM
Well, the November 1987 issue of Car Craft was all about musclecars. It had a list of the top 10 musclecars of all time. It broke the list down to the quickest, the fastest (1/4 mi.), highest power to weight, and highest advertised HP. The 1970 Chevelle LS6 came out on top as best, even though the 1970 Hemi Cuda was .02 of a second quicker (the Chevelle was 1.05 MPH faster).

None, NONE were as quick or as fast as a good running C5 Corvette!! And most modern slightly modded Camaros, TA's, or Cobra Mustangs are also quicker and faster than ANY of them!! :disappoin

kratefan
04-22-2004, 10:14 PM
Well, the November 1987 issue of Car Craft was all about musclecars. It had a list of the top 10 musclecars of all time. It broke the list down to the quickest, the fastest (1/4 mi.), highest power to weight, and highest advertised HP. The 1970 Chevelle LS6 came out on top as best, even though the 1970 Hemi Cuda was .02 of a second quicker (the Chevelle was 1.05 MPH faster).

None, NONE were as quick or as fast as a good running C5 Corvette!! And most modern slightly modded Camaros, TA's, or Cobra Mustangs are also quicker and faster than ANY of them!! :disappoin
Don't forget the 6 cylinder Buicks. :lol2:

http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/503/126915bluesmokes-med.jpg

Murray B.
05-13-2004, 06:25 PM

How would the modern ones do on the old bias ply tires of the sixties? Many of them could not put their power to the road because of their rubber. I seem to remember an early seventies Corvette with 454 that could easly light the tires at 70 mph.

It would be very interesting to see the old machines retested with modern tires.

Add your comment to this topic!