Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

X3... What do you guys think?

Silver_M333
04-10-2004, 01:29 PM
Hi. I was thinking about getting the wifie an X3. I wa considering the X5 before but it is quite a bit more. Anyone have a X5 3.0? I think that engine is a little weak for such a heavy car. A X5 4.4 will probably run about $60K by the time I get it out the door and reasonably equipped. Any one own an X3 2.5 or 3.0? Please let me know what you guys think of them so far. Thanks!

Stephen

mwbbmw
10-15-2004, 04:59 PM
Just over one month ago I bought a 2004 X3 2.5. I got the auto w/ premium pkg. I have not had a single issue with it since the day I bought it. I took it on a 2k mile trip and it performed perfectly. I have not had a single issue with it in the time I've owned it. I have not driven the 3.0, but the 2.5 does well. Of course I would have prefered the 3.0 - who wouldn't want more power? Still, the 2.5 w/ a/c and loaded for trip did quite well over mountain passes and allowed me to maintain well over the speed limit up the quite steep mountain grades. I went to the dealership to buy a 5 but was so blown away by the X3 - and considering price and interior room (no 5t . . . yet) I was sold the moment I drove it. I did not drive the sport package, but from what I've read and from what I've felt on the standard suspension, it would be too rough of a ride. The standard suspension is almost borderline too rough, but it handles so well that I can deal with a few extra bumps driving down the road.

tipha123
10-25-2004, 03:32 PM
Recomment to buy 3.0 as mine is 2.5L and I found out that it too slows to pass or getin the highway.

ChadEbert
10-27-2004, 07:55 PM
My 2.5 has plenty of power for the LA area. I find it to be peppy and have enough get up and go to get out of most situations. I'm sure the 3.0 has a ton more kick, but I couldn't justify $6,000 for 41 more HP. It does its job, if I wanted a rocket, I wouldn't have bought it.

BMW Phanatic
12-30-2004, 09:31 PM
I just bought mine for my wife - a 2.5 version. It's got plenty of pep in it on or off the highway. It gets up to a 100 and drives like a dream, although I don't do that often! Have had it for a month and had absolutely no probs. I traded my 99 Z3 for it since I moved to the Chicago area and need something for the snow. It is AWESOME in the snow - way way better than our 325 and definitely better than the z3!

ppetracca
08-03-2005, 07:55 PM
Just purchased an '04 X3 3.0 Certified Pre-owned. Got it for $33k... good deal. It has the Premium package, automatic (tiptronic) transmission, panoramic roof, nav sys, and premium sound. I'd highly reccomend the 3.0, it's a lot more powerful than the 2.5. I've had it for a week now, and can't wait to take it up to the mountains this winter!

Benoz
08-07-2005, 10:50 PM
Hi have bought an 2004 X3 3.0i with sport package and also sunroof, GPS, PDC etc. Out of 10 i would give it 6/10. I have had quite a few problem with it. i.e. the sunroof is unstable, it keep making noice when going over a speed bump etc. the GPS is good but i keep on having problems with the screen sometime it would close and not turn on etc. I had condensation in one of my front light i the first week when i bought it. The hand break would work properly some time it work sometime it doesn't. Another problem i had was when i first had it my wheel wasn't centered properly this stuff up my tiers.
The only thing i like about this x3 is the engin sound and the feeling of driving a sport car in the 4w drive.

Add your comment to this topic!