Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Rough idling

Mike32571
04-10-2004, 05:04 AM
hello everyone... I have a 95' Bonneville SSE and recently it has been idling and running rough...when I start my car all my gauges sweep and go back to normal position until a few minutes...Then they all go crazy...pegging out..all except my fuel gauge...it stays normal.. I had to start driving it out of OD..but it still runs rough.. I even have noticed a decrease in MPG lately... could it be an electrial problem or could it be my Torque Converter acting up on my tranny? Please help!

int_53185
04-10-2004, 09:29 PM
my 97 was running rough......needed new plugs and wires...and then an egr valve...ran very rough at idle...also gauges fluctuated...any check engine codes/light>?

Mike32571
04-10-2004, 11:31 PM
hi , thanx for the reply...no I haven't had any check light/codes to come on...it just idles rough and runs like crapola ...jerks/shudders real bad when starting off...I have to drive it out of OD though...I'm putting it in the shop first of next week to have front brakes redone...I think I'll let them install new plugs and wires while they have it in the shop... I'll let you know if it takes care of the problem... thanx... and Happy Easter!

Add your comment to this topic!