Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

swap

preludepride
04-09-2004, 04:48 PM
im buying a integra ls and swithing in a gsr engine.so ill need whole engine,ecu,harness,but can i use the altenator,p/s,shift linkage,mounts,and axles of the ls.what about the tranny...sould i get the gsr tranny or will i be fine without it.im planning on N20 but i here about the compression problems is the gsr a good motor for spray?!

thanks

whtteg
04-09-2004, 11:11 PM
How much are you looking to spray? Also waht other mods are youi looking into doing to the motor before the nitrous? I would go with the GSR tranny also if you can get it for a good price. The mounts I think are tha same but I think the axles are different. Hope this helps.

tran_nsx
04-10-2004, 10:30 AM
man dude don't get the gsr motor, go turbo, you will see more gains at a lower price.

edit: oh i didn't ask what year and mileage, but if its fairly new, definately go turbo.

hey whtteg what happen to koreanxracr, i haven't seen him in a while.

preludepride
04-10-2004, 08:26 PM
i cant decide because i have money for a car but not alot for a swap but at first i wanted a civic and swap a B16 but could i supercharge a ls and gat the same...same generation as the first guys who replyed.im doing this all because i totaled my prelude.thanks for the help.

whtteg
04-10-2004, 10:01 PM
hey whtteg what happen to koreanxracr, i haven't seen him in a while.

He is at basic training here in ATL. he should be back on here befoe too long.

tran_nsx
04-10-2004, 10:01 PM
ok so u want a 3rd gen then, well anyways like i said earlier, go turbo its the best bang for your buck especially with the ls motor. speaking of turbo, if u have some money i can hook u up on a turbonetics kit if your interested.

He is at basic training here in ATL. he should be back on here befoe too long.

wow u got it right. some people unknowingly call it boot camp, but the only bootcamp is in the marine corps which is in san diego and parris island. it's a pet peeve i got, sorta like when u correct someone when a person spells vtec, vtech. :icon16:

whtteg
04-10-2004, 10:19 PM
ok so u want a 3rd gen then, well anyways like i said earlier, go turbo its the best bang for your buck especially with the ls motor. speaking of turbo, if u have some money i can hook u up on a turbonetics kit if your interested.

wow u got it right. some people unknowingly call it boot camp, but the only bootcamp is in the marine corps which is in san diego and parris island. it's a pet peeve i got, sorta like when u correct someone when a person spells vtec, vtech. :icon16:

Haha I was in NJROTC for 4 yrs lol :icon16:

tran_nsx
04-10-2004, 10:24 PM
did u know u can get promoted quicker after basic or bootcamp if u were in rotc in high school? sorry dumb fyi.

well anyways when are u guys going to head to the west coast so we can have a bbq and/or take a trip to the track?

whtteg
04-10-2004, 10:43 PM
Haha highjacked thread sorry preludepride :icon16:

well anyways when are u guys going to head to the west coast so we can have a bbq and/or take a trip to the track?

Haha well I dunno know, Krnxracer lives in Washington state so he is already clsoe to you, but me on the other hand I wouold havea mong way to drive lol. I wish I could come out there I would love to see Cali.

did u know u can get promoted quicker after basic or bootcamp if u were in rotc in high school? sorry dumb fyi.

Yea I know so if I ever decide to go into the Navy etc then I will be a PO3 I think. I was a PO1 my last year. One of my friends that was in rotc with me went into the navy and he was the , ahh can't remeber them name of it, he was teh leader of his platoon in basic training anyway and then he was an officer the day he left basic training.

Add your comment to this topic!