Winter Modifications?

Beyond Imagination
01-10-2002, 02:27 PM
How has the winter affected everyones pace of modifications on their car? Are you doing as much as you did during the summer? Is this hobby only a summer intrest? Or is it the time where you have time to save up money and plan the next summer for your car??

For me I'm saving up for a swap at the moment ... Planning and researching my LS swap into my CX ... the only thing that I've bought for my ride is a suede Sparco Ring steering wheel ...

Lemme hear your thoughts and comments :)

RickDaTuner
01-10-2002, 05:14 PM
well for winter is a time to crash your car ruin your paint(not that its nice) and find new rust spots modding is a yearly thing for me it happens all year round though theres thing that i would buy in the summer that i wouldnt buy in the winter like springs/coilovers, or rims other stuff like body kits and any other external modds are for the summer in the past few months of winter i havent donemuch to my car but but interior accesaries like a shift knob, short shifter and a crapy OBX steeering wheel i have an D16z6 waitig to get swaped in too but that not gonna happen until the summer rolls around

Dru-Si
01-10-2002, 06:07 PM
I think winter is a good time to think about your plans for the summer. That's what I'm doing now.

Hopefully, I can get my B20Z swap done by the time race city opens. Need some timeslips and get some dyno #'s. Then turbo in 2003, depending on cash flow that is. Gotta talk to my mechanic first before I do any more "planning".:D That's about it for "GO". Then a paint job, a set of rims and I'm set.

Superesc
01-10-2002, 09:07 PM
hmm.. seem like a all year thing for me... I just can't wait hehe.. well considering I just got my springs installed during my Christmas break, that kinda sums it up for me.... snow or shine!

Beyond Imagination
01-10-2002, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
well for winter is a time to crash your car ruin your paint(not that its nice) and find new rust spots
I know what you mean Rick ... I rear ended someone on Deerfoot and got a hyperblinker for $1500 ... With my fenders I just sand and prime at the moment ... someone hit my car in a parkinglot when I just got my car last year ... rust sucks ...

Beyond Imagination
01-10-2002, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Superesc
I just got my springs installed during my Christmas break
How much of a drop are you sitting? Lucky we're having a good winter at the moment .. how do you think you've be doing when we get some inches of snow?? Snowplow! .. haha :D

Superesc
01-10-2002, 10:11 PM
heheh its close to 2"
(kinda bad angles, but will have newer soon)
http://www.superesc.com/car/jan2B.jpg
http://www.superesc.com/car/jan2A.jpg

well when it snows I drive my mom's Civic (and she drives the mini van... hmmm technically its my civic hahaha 'cause I am paying for it).

buh_buh
01-11-2002, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
well for winter is a time to crash your car ruin your paint
hey that happened to me too!
Except its not getting fixed.

Beyond Imagination
01-11-2002, 12:33 AM
Nice wheels Superesc!! :sun:

89ssgti
01-11-2002, 09:32 PM
I think it's more of a summer thing,the winter time is for planning and saving up.Just before the winter there was was work to be done to minimize the negative effects of the bad weather,Change oil,clean air filter,rustproof and install winter tires.
Anyways last week my fuel pump died on me,so when I changed it,it was the work done to my car for the winter.

T.O.tegs
01-11-2002, 10:09 PM
I do most of the actual "modding" in winter....summer is the time to enjoy what you've done;)......

I currently doing something pretty crazy....I'll let you guys in on it soon enough:)

NSX
01-12-2002, 09:13 PM
hm...better watch out supersec
you're not going to switch your rims back to the steel wheels and caps and tires?

Superesc
01-12-2002, 11:10 PM
I did for the first half of the winter.. but didn't see too much of a need... If the condition is bad I drive the civic.. majority of the time its not too bad though, Calgary have some wierd but nice weathers! (much better then Winnipeg) heh

Beyond Imagination
01-13-2002, 04:41 AM
Yeah Calgary's been total nice ... I'm still waiting for us to get DUMPED on .... :devil:

buh_buh
01-13-2002, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Beyond Imagination
... I'm still waiting for us to get DUMPED on .... :devil:
we'll probably get dumped on when we least expect it. Like in July. Right after a day where we reach 30 degrees.

Superesc
01-13-2002, 11:05 PM
hahahaha.. may seem funny... but its soo true.

Add your comment to this topic!