Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What car should I get?

TDS Car Audio
04-09-2004, 10:44 AM
Firstly, I only want a RWD. Secondly, this will be for Rally and for normal driving. What cars work best? I want a newer car, 97-2003 preferably. What Subarus, besides the WRX, are good? And what other makes are good? I also would like to know locations of Rally tracks near North-east Indiana, I will travel up to 250 miles to race. I am new to Rally racing, so does anyone have any good sites for facts and what-not about Rally, Navigator, and etc.? Thanks

1viadrft
04-09-2004, 04:52 PM
RWD is not really the best for RALLY! And I hope you know SUBARU's are AWD? Any SUBARU is a good RALLY car... they all have AWD and the WRX and STI have turbo's. I would shy away from the wagon versions though.

Are you really gonna buy a 'newer' car and use it for a daily-driver and rally? I don't think you know what rally driving is about... your car will sustain lot's of damage to suspension and the wear and tear on the drive-train and engine will likely have you swapping them out yearly! Lot's of garage time when you are not rallying...

I would go with a FWD or AWD platform... stay away from RWD in this case. Very hard to control on some surfaces! For FWD any year Honda Civic, Mazda 323, or Toyata Celica. AWD: Subaru Legacy, IMPREZA, WRX or STi (if you can afford these anyhow) and I know some people that use the ECLIPSE Turbo AWD or Toyata CELICA AWD.

Hope this answered some of your Q's...

Add your comment to this topic!