2002 Envoy Auto backup mirror memory?

superdan186
04-09-2004, 09:50 AM
Hi All , I have a 02 GMC Envoy SLT. When I go on Reverse my Mirror Auto Moving to Everywhere and Never going back to it own Memory.
I have set ton of time to the Memory that I want but Never works right.
Anyboby have this Problems and Got fix? My Dealer Cannot Fix it.
Any Idea What I can do?

DAN :disappoin

offroadingenvoy
05-17-2004, 10:26 PM
yup i got the same problem. i went to dealership and they wont fix it.

GMCTech
05-18-2004, 05:24 AM
There is a bulletin out there that your dealer should be aware of that addresses all sorts of mirror position concerns -

Most can be fixed with simple reprogramming. Others will need to replace the driver's door module or passengers door module, and some may have to replace the mirror head assembly(ies).

I guarantee you that your problem is one of these items, I've done a ton of 'em. :bigthumb:

Hope this helps.

dxve
06-14-2004, 09:03 AM
We have the same problem with an '02 Trailblazer. Dealer says they need to "flash" the computer, but that they can only do that after an hour of diagnostic time (at $92/hour!!!). An outside garage says that it needs a new "actuator" at a cost of about $170 (Canadian).

I guess I havent' really helped, except to say "Me Too!"...

D.

Tibbar80
07-03-2004, 04:15 PM
We have had our 02 Envoy worked on several times for the mirror problem. Everything has been replaced at least once.

Same routine each time, the dealer acts like we're idiots and are so stupid that we can't program the stinking driver preferences.

Three weeks ago they refused to work on the missors because it was now "out of warranty"! After a short discussion the said they would take a look at it. After a week they repalced the door modules. Before we could get there to pick it up a GM Tech was messing around with it and burned the entire electronic system out of it. Another week!!! The mirrors did work for about three days. Now the engine has an intermitent miss and the temperature display is stuck on 50 degrees.

I have come very close to have several bad accidents because of the mirror problem. If I survive a crash due to this problem I'm going to be one unhappy camper! I deplore lawyers and the system as well but I can see a class action suit in the making!

One would think GM could fix a simple problem like this. Instead they only have excuses. Sad that it will take several deaths before their bean counter will appropriate funds for a final fix!

nick0750
07-11-2004, 07:04 PM
first off some idiot engineer designed this stupid system and it sucked however there is a bulletin for dealers to repair under warranty to replace both mirror actuators and reprogram the mirror functions through the body control module, if you are out of warranty you pay .

Hightech
08-25-2004, 05:27 AM
first off some idiot engineer designed this stupid system and it sucked however there is a bulletin for dealers to repair under warranty to replace both mirror actuators and reprogram the mirror functions through the body control module, if you are out of warranty you pay .

I 100 percent disagree, if you had the dealer working on the problem while it was under warranty and still having the problem while the warranty ends, they should be obligated to fix the problem, warranty or not, I can tell you one thing if it were mine, they would or they would lose alot of business, id make sure of it.

GMMerlin
08-25-2004, 01:15 PM
I 100 percent disagree, if you had the dealer working on the problem while it was under warranty and still having the problem while the warranty ends, they should be obligated to fix the problem, warranty or not, I can tell you one thing if it were mine, they would or they would lose alot of business, id make sure of it.

So what you are telling me is that if I work on your truck under warranty and a year or two later you have the same or similar problem I am obligated to work on it again for free...
Does that mean that the guy who cut my grass last week has to come back this week and do it again for free because it grew?

If your vehicle is worked on under warranty and within a reasonable amount of time (usually around 90 days) the dealer can extend a "goodwill adjustment" to cover the additional repair under warranty coverage.
For a dealer to be able to extend "goodwill" coverages, the dealer must be in good standing with GM...that will explain why some dealers will extend coverage and some won't.

Now onto the problem of mirrors...there are several GM TSB's related to memory mirror operation and concerns..have your dealer do a bulletin search to find the ones that apply to your vehicle

Hightech
08-25-2004, 06:19 PM
So what you are telling me is that if I work on your truck under warranty and a year or two later you have the same or similar problem I am obligated to work on it again for free...
Does that mean that the guy who cut my grass last week has to come back this week and do it again for free because it grew?

If your vehicle is worked on under warranty and within a reasonable amount of time (usually around 90 days) the dealer can extend a "goodwill adjustment" to cover the additional repair under warranty coverage.
For a dealer to be able to extend "goodwill" coverages, the dealer must be in good standing with GM...that will explain why some dealers will extend coverage and some won't.

Now onto the problem of mirrors...there are several GM TSB's related to memory mirror operation and concerns..have your dealer do a bulletin search to find the ones that apply to your vehicle

I see your a smart *ss well, lets see, my grass cutting would be considered general maintenance, not a broken down part, so I guess to answer your question, YES, if the same part that has been serviced "under" warranty keeps having the same exact problem over and over again, I WOULD insist you keep fixing it after the warranty ended, or find someone that could. Fortunately for me I know enough about the law to make sure things are done right not just whatever my dealer feels like doing that day that suits him, I paid VERY good money to him and I expect him to stand behind the product or find another business to be in. also fortunately for me, I have a VERY good dealer that knows what customer service really means something alot have forgotten these days.

nick0750
08-26-2004, 07:38 AM
I see your a smart *ss well, lets see, my grass cutting would be considered general maintenance, not a broken down part, so I guess to answer your question, YES, if the same part that has been serviced "under" warranty keeps having the same exact problem over and over again, I WOULD insist you keep fixing it after the warranty ended, or find someone that could. Fortunately for me I know enough about the law to make sure things are done right not just whatever my dealer feels like doing that day that suits him, I paid VERY good money to him and I expect him to stand behind the product or find another business to be in. also fortunately for me, I have a VERY good dealer that knows what customer service really means something alot have forgotten these days

Who's the smart ass if a dealer installs a part under warranty the warranty then expires customer is out of luck unless it is goodwilled gm parts warranty is 12mo/12,000 miles the Law has nothing to do with it and you would be the kind of customer asked to leave the dealership.

GMCTech
08-27-2004, 05:48 AM
Parts and labor would be covered up to a year after a replacement or repair is made regardless of factory remaining warranty on vehicle.

I would expect a customer to return within that year period if something went wrong, but asking GM to fix your vehicle outside that year is rediculous, and there are no "LAWS" to protect you, unless you live in some ultra-liberal "nothing is my fault" state. :dunno:

As far as mentioning legal recourse, "lemon law", or litigation, our dealership would hand you a business card with 1-800-GMTRUCK on it and send you on your way. :wave:

We are not in the habit of entertaining smarta**es (to use the recurring term) that think they can scare us into work because they cry :crying: lawsuit.

Just my :2cents: .

GMMerlin
08-28-2004, 08:47 PM
I see your a smart *ss well, lets see, my grass cutting would be considered general maintenance, not a broken down part, so I guess to answer your question, YES, if the same part that has been serviced "under" warranty keeps having the same exact problem over and over again, I WOULD insist you keep fixing it after the warranty ended, or find someone that could. Fortunately for me I know enough about the law to make sure things are done right not just whatever my dealer feels like doing that day that suits him, I paid VERY good money to him and I expect him to stand behind the product or find another business to be in. also fortunately for me, I have a VERY good dealer that knows what customer service really means something alot have forgotten these days.

Damm right I'm a fucking smart ass...I deal with people just like you on a daily basis.
If I repair your vehicle under the factory warranty coverage period, once the vehicle goes out of warranty, repair costs are now your responsibiltiy. Saying that, if for some reason the problem you are having is a reoccuring problem, I most likely would extend "goodwill" warranty coverage to insure that you are satisfied with your vehicle, the dealer, GM and my service to you.
If you come at me threating legal action, the chance of me helping you has just ended and I will turn you over to my lawyers (which are VERY good)
Besides that lawyers don't scare me...9 times out of 10 I intimidate the hell out of them.
What you fail to understand is that the problem with your mirrors is not a dealer level problem, but a design and function problem with the vehicle..all I can do is try to midigate the problem following the diagnostic and repair procedures set forth by GM (and if they don't work, I'll try some of my own)
Fortunately for me, I WORK for a dealer that strives to reach the highest level of customer satisfaction and will bend over backwards to help a GM customer achieve 100% satisfaction in their vehicle

Add your comment to this topic!