Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Big Question: Does anyone have the space frame chassis plans?

MstrControl
04-09-2004, 01:53 AM
Hi, folks...

That's me again with more technical questions.

I'm developping my very own Countach LP500S (or LP5000S) replica. I live in Brazil, so I can't import a real one (it's ilegal to import used cars, don't aske me why).

So, that's my question. Does anyone have the space frame chassis plans?

As I said, I live in Brazil and I'm between jobs (that's means NO MONEY). Can anyone say where I can find them for free?

And if anyone would like to see I have a website where I place the everyday progress of my work. It's at http://countachreplica.blogspot.com

Thanks in advance folks...

Bertone_lover
04-13-2004, 05:23 PM
Hi, folks...

Does anyone have the space frame chassis plans?

Thanks in advance folks...

Space frame stats are about the hardest thing to come by. It's rather rare to see just a bare frame, let alone measurements. Only about 320 500s models were built worldwide, and only around 2,200 countach cars were built from 1974 - 1990).

I was fortunate enough to actually see the only "naked countach frame" in North America back in 1985. I have one picture of it, and could scan it and e-mail it to you if you need.

I'm not sure how else to help you, save for you looking for as many pictures on the web, etc. as a reference to doing you own design.

One other thought is to get in touch with as many lambo-replica companies as possible, as many of them offer their own space-frames for some of their models.

MstrControl
04-14-2004, 11:29 PM
Hi, BL...

I'd really appreciate the scanned photo... if you can send it to mstrcontrol@yahoo.com I'd be really thankful for that...

As long the image file keep between 2 or 3 MB. :)

I'm developping everyting in house and the project is pretty much on it's VERY early stages... I'm collecting all the info I can, and the chassis is the thoughest part of it.

Thanks BL I really appreciate your gest

Bertone_lover
04-15-2004, 02:16 PM
Hi, BL...
I'd really appreciate the scanned photo... if you can send it to mstrcontrol@yahoo.com I'd be really thankful for that...

I'll get you the pics this weekend. I found a couple in an old publication that should also help.

Add your comment to this topic!