Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need suggestions for CivicHatchGSR

SMoOtHSTuNNA
04-07-2004, 11:17 PM
hey wassup y'all..i gotta civic hatchback with a 96 jdm gsr imported from japan. i got some goodies in there like intake, exhaust, headers, fuel rail, fuel pressure regulator, new clutch, lsd tranny, and a apex i vafc...i wanted to know what would be some good internals to place into my motor...i was thinking je forged pistons, rods, etc....what else could i do??? oohh yeah, could someone tell me how to set my vafc to make my car to its fullest potential. i only messed with the vtec setting, and some other settings.

SPNCRX
04-08-2004, 01:48 AM
It will best if you take your car to get Dyno tuned in order to set your VAFC the right way. I sugest you get some cam gears.... If you are thinking about building your short block make sure you get wut you need based on the cams u will be useing.(N/A). If your on a budget, get you some CTR cams, skunk2 IM, ITR TB, and Cam Gears. This will defently wake up your engine

SMoOtHSTuNNA
04-08-2004, 08:37 PM
coo...thanks alot...yeah im thinking of building my short block, just to make a quick all motor...my friend jus put a b20 block in his hatch...with others and he ran a 12.8...ima trying to get into the 12's...without going turbo...do you think that the gsr can get that quick...if not then ill jus be happy with low 13's...

SPNCRX
04-09-2004, 12:25 AM
There are lots of 12 sec All Motor GSR Street cars hear. You just have to do your homework first. theres more to it then just having a strong engine.. If you want a 2.0 you can resleve your block and it will be alot better then a b20 block. B20's are known to have weak cylinder walls..

SMoOtHSTuNNA
04-10-2004, 12:21 AM
lots of 12 sec GSR street cars huh?...coo that gives me big hopes...yeah i know i gotta research and learn more about my engine..im not worried about my driving either because i think im pretty decent...

strodda
04-10-2004, 01:59 AM
first i would recommend putting your vafc settings back to zero. blindly messing with afr isnt very smart. and what kind of header do you have? no matter what internal work you do, you gotta have the right header to get the max potential out of it. try getting a jdm 4-1 or something similar with a 2.5ish collector.

there are more things than just internals you need still...but heres a simple list of power makers:
-pistons
-intake manifold(get rid of iab's)
-throttle body
-cams(stage2-friends put in skunk 3's in their racecar, made 2hp more)
-upgraded valvetrain to go with cams
-p&p head

SMoOtHSTuNNA
04-12-2004, 04:29 AM
thanks 4 the list...i got a skunk 2 4:1 header and a 2.5 collector...what type of pistons should i get..cuz i want pistons that would be best for an all motor...i was thinkin about gettin JE forged pistons with crower rods.....

CVTodd1
04-21-2004, 04:55 AM
Je forged pistons, and crower rods are a good choice, but i agree with strodda, intake manifold, throttle body, p&p head, etc are very good upgrades, especially if you already have intake, header, exhaust, adding on those additional parts, plus cams, and you'll be very satisfied

jcrx
04-21-2004, 10:17 AM
Stoick kitchen magnets on your block, mad titeeee jDm horsepoWer y0!!!!1!!

Add your comment to this topic!