Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

98 Lasabre PLASTIC INTAKE MANIFOLD FAILURE!

mrsboatdoc
04-07-2004, 01:03 PM
Purchased a 1998 Lasabre used...one owner prior and sold new from same lot I purchased from was turned in for trade in on new...had about 96,000 miles on it at time of purchase...I went on a trip of about 100 miles from home and upon returning was on freeway and noticed car temp was very hot pulled into gas station...and raised hood and notice all of the coolant and water was gone...purchased coolant and refilled..car never would restart....had towed home at cost of 150.00 and taken to mechanic who knew right away what it was said he was seeing this at least 2-3 times aweek on this car....they have a plastic intake manifold that fail's and allows all of the coolant and water to go thru engine and out exhaust...I was fortunate to catch this right away others have lost engines due to this design flaw...after replacing intake, plugs, oil, filter and towing it cost around 600.00 total... this is a design flaw that GM knows about for years...if anyone knows of a class action suit for this let me know asap...also just experience another unique flaw with this car...rear drivers side wheel cylinder leaking onto brake pads and locked up wheel tighter than a drum ....on two different occassions...this also is a problem being investigated by some of the car forums and etc...email me with any info on either subject...

mrsboatdoc@yahoo.com
thank you

Add your comment to this topic!