Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

idle problem please help!

96b16acoupe
04-06-2004, 02:39 AM
i just completed installing a type r intake manifold on my 2nd gen b16a, when i went to start it up it ran pretty well for about two minutes then it started to surge raisng and dropping between 1,000 and 2,500 rpms, could someone tell me what the hell is going on??? i tested the whole thing for leaks and that was not the problem. one thing i might add is that my friend took off the throttle positioning sensor when cleaning my throttle body, dont know if that could be it but thought i would add that.

almxdupintegra
04-08-2004, 03:48 AM
You might wanna check your IAC valve. I currently have this problem on my LS VTEC. IAC if you don't know is an Idle Air Control Valve, its located on your intake manifold on the back of it. Have you read what engine codes its throwing out. Check it out but most likely its the IAC valve.

Tranzlogic
04-08-2004, 12:01 PM
also if you cleaned your throttle body out..you might need to adjust your throttle body a little bit that is very common on motors like the 3sgte and 5sfe ...there will be an adjuster screw on the TB. also depending on what he used to clean it, you might have foiled a plug or 2.. so to be safe pull your plugs and check them out. But ill back ALMX up on his theory as well for that is a possable scenario

96b16acoupe
04-08-2004, 01:53 PM
i replaced my IAC valve because my original would not fit the bolt pattern on the new manifold, i think its because of my tps, i didnt reinstall it correctly according to the voltage it was putting out.

DYNO Tuning
04-08-2004, 01:55 PM
im not an expert but are you sure that manifold is supposed to go on your engine...sounds like a mismatch

95TegSE
04-08-2004, 03:48 PM
im not an expert but are you sure that manifold is supposed to go on your engine...sounds like a mismatch

The ITR and CTR intake manifolds bolt up directly to the b16a head, so that's not a problem... :shakehead

96b16acoupe
04-08-2004, 05:09 PM
ya it just takes slight modification to the manifold bracket that holds the manifold in place to the block.

Add your comment to this topic!