Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Brahma vs XXX15

GCguy2169
04-05-2004, 09:23 AM
Does anyone know what I should get for my subwoofer choice?
a brahma or a XXX15? I may possibly get 2 Adire Audio Tempest Subwoofers. What should I get, and what will get me louder. I want something that will knock that roof rack off my Grand Cherokee. Literally.

Oh, yes and what amp would you recommend?

Can anyone tell me what 4 Audiobahn 18's hit in db? 150? 160? 165?
Hes got them overpower to I'd say 25-26 thousand watts a piece. So hes got between 10,000 and 10,400 watts max on his subwoofers.Running 5 yellowtops, 2 MA Audio 4000 watts amps. 1 MA Audio 10 farad Cap. 8 pioneer 5x7's. Have you seen that video at adire audio of the brahma making them quarters jump? well he does that, but if one brahma can do that, then i really want the brahma.

sr20de4evr
04-05-2004, 05:33 PM
xxx will be louder, but not by much, and in all honesty if that's all you care about then don't go with the brahma, xxx, or tempest. Those are all sound quality subs that can get rediculously loud, but you can get the same output for a lot less if you go with a true SPL sub, something like a Treo, DD, etc.

As for your second question, I have no idea what you're asking. First you say each of the 4 subs has 25kW on them, then you say each sub has 10kW, then you say that he only has 8000W total in amps?

loismustdie
04-05-2004, 07:15 PM
well of the three, the two tempests will get louder than a single brahma 15 or a xxx 15, and i think that with those crap audiobhan's i'd think ikt would get pretty loud, but when it gets up into the high 150's and 160's its all about install, so i couldn't tell you what he hit.

p.s. i would personally go with the 2 tempest, it would get much louder and slam like you wouldn't believe

sr20de4evr
04-05-2004, 08:40 PM
The tempests would require SO much more room than either of the other setups. If you could give them the required airspace then they would get louder, but that's highly improbable, especially ported.

bumpinstang77
04-05-2004, 10:01 PM
I kno the dude that has the 4 18's they're the ultra excursion rated at 1200 watts each. They're hooked up to Ma amps that are 4000 each he said he turned down the gains, but I'm guessing he's feeding them 1500 each (I'm gunna laugh when they blow). Its stupid and pointless. He's got it in a sealed enclosure and all he cares about is spl you would think n e 1 with half a brain would put them in even a small ported box for more db and trust me he's got the room. Yea but its loud as hell...tooo loud... u can actually feel ur eardrums ready to explode. It sounds like complete shit though because u hear the rattling of the x over the bass and he has no sound deadener al all. But yea I'd guess its 150-160 b/c u can barely withstand it but im sure he's no higher then 160.....oh well im over my blingin audiobahncrap days....4 shiva's here i come....btw how are avionixx amps w/ heating...i know theyre great amps but Ive heard some stuff about ehating issues and i will be running a system for a long time.

sr20de4evr
04-05-2004, 10:27 PM
never had either of mine overheat
The 800.2 gets pretty warm, but never hot enough to burn or go into protection, this is after 4-5hr drives with it up pretty far. The 400.2 barely gets warm, and I think most of that is heat coming off of the 800.2 warming it up.

bumpinstang77
04-05-2004, 10:37 PM
that's good... I have two Tsunami generators...which i know now are made by avionixx, but i think these were made when tsunami was still makin' amps...I had them goin' full blast for about 3 hours and they were hot, but didn't seem to have any problems.. I'm goin to use one of these for components...sell the other and get some avionixx amps w/ some shivas (well at least most likely). After installing a JL system and hearing it then hearing a RE system I'm sold on SQL subs.

loismustdie
04-07-2004, 03:25 PM
2 tempests getting 500 watts a piece would get louder than one brahma or one XXX getting 1000 watts.......

GSteg
04-08-2004, 02:48 AM
it can be put in lots of ways.

2 tempest in a ported box will be louder than a brahma in a sealed box

2 tempest in a sealed box will be louder than a brahma in a sealed box

2 tempest in a sealed box will box will not be louder than a brahma in a ported box.

2 tempest in a 2.0 cubic feet total sealed box will not be louder than a brahma in a 3.5 cubic feet ported box

2 tempest in a 2.0 cubic feet total sealed box will be louder than a brahma in a 1.0 cubic feet ported box

and so on forth.

i'm just messing with ya. gotta add some humor into car audio sometimes :p, though i'm not the best at doing so. :(

Haibane
04-08-2004, 02:14 PM
Gsteg, that is humor?

GSteg
04-08-2004, 05:30 PM
i don't know. i suck at the internet :(

bumpinstang77
04-09-2004, 08:48 PM
Talked to a guy from Adire today.... great tech support they called me back after i left a message yesterday.... and he answered all my questions. He basically said in the same setup with the same wattage it would be better to go w/ two tempests then a single brahma. I was also amazed at this.... two shivas shipped is only 270...WOW.

GSteg
04-09-2004, 08:51 PM
http://www.visionaryaudio.com/adire.htm

$125 shipped from visionary audio.

Yes, they are authorized dealer for adire audio. Marshall is a good friend of Dan, so you know 250 shipped is not a bad deal at all. Save yoruself $20 on the same thing :D

Add your comment to this topic!