Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

FUSE for Rear Hatch Release Keyless Entry??

dixieanny
04-05-2004, 06:57 AM
Is there a fuse for the rear hatch release? I cannot get the rear hatch to pop open. My owners manual does not show or tell me about a fuse. I tried to do the emergency release as shown in the owners manual and it still will not pop open. This is a keyless entry. It just stopped working. When I push the button on back of tailgate to open, it makes the sound like it is releasing, but it doesn't. Please help. Thank you very much.

Ann

stevek7
05-01-2004, 10:40 AM
[QUOTE=dixieanny]Is there a fuse for the rear hatch release? I cannot get the rear hatch to pop open. My owners manual does not show or tell me about a fuse. I tried to do the emergency release as shown in the owners manual and it still will not pop open. This is a keyless entry. It just stopped working. When I push the button on back of tailgate to open, it makes the sound like it is releasing, but it doesn't. Please help. Thank you very much.

I had the same problem. It is not a fuse, it is your gate or lock motor that has gone bad. It cost me around 125 bucks to fix. Do not take it to a dealer where it will cost over $200. Good luck!

Add your comment to this topic!