Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

aussie Piazza needs help

botcolon
04-04-2004, 06:32 PM
I have just inherited a 86 Isuzu Piazza Turbo (australian edition), and whilst doing preliminary checks over the car before starting work, the dash went on the blink.

For about a week since receiving the car, the digital dash would come on as expected. Then on the seventh day, when the ignition key was turned, the dash came on flickered on-off-on a few times, then 'kaput'. Nothing has worked since then.

I have ordered a manual as its hard to work with electronics when you don't know the circuits, but I thought while I am waiting for my isuzu impulse book arrive from the states, why not ask those boys what might have bitten the dust.

So which best option best fits as a solution:

The dash as a whole needs to be replaced.
A module which runs the dash needs replacing.
A module which runs the dash needs repairing and can be repaired.
Some other solution.

I am looking forward to your help.

Botcolon

grand_am93
05-17-2004, 12:01 AM
i think u have a short curcit but i would get the whole dash replace anyway to make it look better

botcolon
05-17-2004, 01:38 AM
i think u have a short curcit but i would get the whole dash replace anyway to make it look better
I have been looking into it and I believe that the PCB has lost power. So I am currently investigating why the board has lost power. All is not lost. I will definitely get it going.

Add your comment to this topic!