Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Headlight Question

Robs71Nova
04-04-2004, 08:51 AM
Hi all. I have been reading this forum for the past day or so and I have found A TON of useful information. I have one question though.. Does anyone have a problem with their headlights not being "as bright" as they should be? I just recently replaced my stock Aurora bulbs with some hyper white xenon bulbs, and while it did help a little bit, its still not as bright as I would like it to be. The place I work at is a chemical plant that is LITERALLY surrounded by woods for a 15 mile radius so wildlife is terrible out here (in two years i have hit 1 deer, 3 racoons, and 2 hogs) and I would feel much better about driving around here if I could find some really bright lights. Thanks for the imput.

Rob

jim56
04-04-2004, 10:16 AM
I put some Sylvania SilverStars in mine. It seemed to help quite a bit. Also, on mine the factory adjustment seems low. I raised them up some and that helped too.

RobertHammen
04-04-2004, 12:03 PM
I put SilverStars in (both low-beams and fogs) and it seemed to help immensely. There's a guy on CarDomain (JaviDogg) who put an aftermarket HID kit on his '99 (along with 20" wheels), but I'm not sure if those kits are legal anymore (I know the government was considering banning them)...

RoraStar96
04-04-2004, 06:08 PM
HID is a very expensive option, I find a good winning combo is Silverstar lows and Cool Blue highs.

Make sure your composite headlamp assembly is properly balanced as indicated on the level ontop of each headlamp. Having the lamps properly aimed will help a lot.

Good luck

Add your comment to this topic!