Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'87 Nissan Sentra

Joey_77
04-03-2004, 10:38 PM
I drive a 1987 Nissan Sentra which I love, but I have A couple of problems. My gas gauge and temp. gauge do not work. Every so often I will look down and they will be working. Whenever I push in the clutch, they quit working again and may not work again for months and then for only a couple minutes. Also, my highbeams quit working. Both bulbs are good, but whenever I switch to highbeams, they headlights go dark. They also used to work, but quit all the sudden. I bought the car used and am trying to fix it up. Any help with these problems will be greatly appreciated. I am a do it yourselfer, but need a little help. Thanks!

nacho_nissan
04-06-2004, 09:50 PM
maybe you need to go to nissanforums.com. theres alot of B12 owners there that will know what your talking about.

PopKorn
04-08-2004, 03:05 PM
Then why have an AF Nissan forum?

Dude, ther is a voltage regulator on the back of your instrument cluster. replace it (http://community.webshots.com/photo/73449102/73450200EhlYEb)

nacho_nissan
04-09-2004, 09:30 AM
Then why have an AF Nissan forum?
man, i bet there is not even 100 sentra owners in this place... im just saying maybe you can get more help up in nissanforums cause theres alot of sentra owners... and it specifies the chasis code and engine code for more specific stuff..

Joey_77
04-09-2004, 05:25 PM
PopKorn and nacho nissan, (hum,makes me hungry), thanks for the help. I did find the answer quicker in the nissan forum, but both are good. I am thankful for both of your help, and I will look into the regulator on sunday and get back to you on Monday! Thanks again.

Add your comment to this topic!