Do-it-yourself Fiero Convertible

Ragtop_Renegade
04-03-2004, 04:34 PM
First things first, Hi, I'm new! Then on to buisness.

It all started the other day I came across a 4cyl\5 speed Fiero for sale. The car has character, and it really isn't too bad, a little TLC and a freshening up of the engine should work wonders.

Being bored and expecting a nice tax refund, (dangerous combination) I've been considering buying it and converting it to a convertible. Has anyone ever seen this done before? I do have use of a full body shop at my disposal but I'm no engineer. Not that that's ever stopped me....

Old Lar
04-07-2004, 09:29 PM
Fieros make nice convertibles and they have been done hundreds of times. The #1 thing that is needed is to reinforce the body with an X frame or some similar sub frame. The roof is a structured part of the car.

The next thing is to find a convertible top kit, unless you fabricate one yourself. Ten years ago there were a few manufacturers of Fiero convertible top kits, no more Fieros, no more kits.

Ragtop_Renegade
04-07-2004, 11:54 PM
I've heard of a man named Bill Welsh who appears to be a god among men when it comes to fiero convertibles. Anyone know how to contact this guy?

Indy-1
04-11-2004, 07:55 AM
Bill Welsh BILLSPYDER@aol.com

To view many other great Fiero info check out this great site:
http://www.angelfire.com/ga4/fierosecrets/

Steve

Add your comment to this topic!