99 Tahoe wont start!!!!!! Help please

chloegirl
04-02-2004, 08:35 PM
After being out driving my 1999 Tahoe truck ,came home for a quick 10 minutes and went back to start it and IT WONT start!!!! It cranks but wont turn over. My lights come on ,radoi..etc. and I dont know what to do..I'am a girl who knows little about trucks.I dont want to get screwed over trying to get this fixed .I was told it could be my spark plugs?

Any suggestions? Could it be the started? oh yeah from just sitting and trying to start it ,all the indicator lights go out except Battery... Check gauges ...service engine soon... none of these were on just 10 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: minutes before hand.

:( :( :( PLEASE HELP!!!

eurobeaner
04-02-2004, 08:49 PM
humm....you might have knocked a wire loose, or might have burnt something out...my car did that but it was the ignition coil(easy 15$ fix) you might want to get a family member over to your house that knows about cars...have him check if your getting any spark from your coil or distributer

michelq
04-04-2004, 08:07 AM
clean your battary termenals

jay hullett
04-05-2004, 12:59 AM
if it cranks over but wont start have a friend ck for spark at coil if ok have fuel pressure checked if itwont crank over common problem cable on hot post of battery gets loose and heats up and melts small cable at battery if black or melted have is cleaned this is power to fuse box so if equipted with theif loc radio , radio may loc up when power is unhooked if it does and u have no code no problem to fix

tahoed
04-10-2004, 07:55 AM
i recently purchased a 99 tahoe lt. on the day before i went to pick it up the salesman called and said do not come today, it wont start!! he brought it to the chev dealer and had to replace something in the steering column for key recognition, it cost the salesman 111.00 , truck started perfect after that. just a thought.

grandlaker
04-15-2004, 03:27 PM
The moment you turn the key on, the fuel pump located inside the black plastic fuel tank underneath the truck will try to prime the fuel injectors for 1-2 seconds. Stand beside the rear door on the passenger side and have someone turn the key on but don't crank it. You should be able to hear the whirring sound inside the tank. If you don't hear the sound, then your fuel pump is probably gone. I posted a detailed message on the steps to replace it on this forum. Some suggest that you take a 2x4 and hit the bottom of the fuel tank to jar the pump a little. Good luck.

phastmuvr
04-15-2004, 04:43 PM
the whine might still be there, but it might just not sound the way it should. I toasted a fuelpump in my 99 tahoe a few months ago. They rely on fuel to keep them from overheating, if you run your tank really low alot(below 1/4 often) then you straining it.

Check the fuel filter too. It could be totally clogged and not allowing fuel up to the motor.

Add your comment to this topic!