Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Yukon radio

dliedblad
04-02-2004, 09:31 AM
I have a 2004 Yukon XL.

The radio will turn on by itself immediatly after some other event, such as locking with remote or shifting transmission to a different gear.

It also loses programing of the radio stations, probably related to but not always occuring with the turn on issue.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

This occurs at random times and I have not been able to dublicate it for the dealer.

rzkz8k
04-02-2004, 11:59 AM
I had a 2003 XL with issues like yours. When I went through the car wash the seat heater would turn on, putting the drivers window down would move the drivers seat to the easy exit position, and I could go on and on. The vehicle finally lemoned lawed and GM sent me to my deal to pick out a new one.

You either have a wiring issue or a control module issue.

griegjo1
04-02-2004, 04:15 PM
I have a 2004 denali with 300 miles and have had issues with the stereo on two occasions. The stereo would not play or lost its preset stations.

hemidewd
08-06-2004, 01:49 PM
My wifes 2003 Yukon has been doing random things since we bought it. Dealer can not figure it out. CD may be on and when start shuts off. AC may be off but when start may now switches to on. Blower may be on max setting bu tyou left oit on lowest setting. Stereo may be left on yet be off when you restart it. Volume may be on MAX. who knows. Happens every couple days. Everything works fine. Just whenever it wants. Dealer won't switch out the control module to see if that fixes it. We won't just try things yet they can't find the error. I wonder if a bad ground is surging the control module or backfeeding it. Thought it may be the keyless entry but it did it the other day with the rig unlocked.

Any ideas let me know. Wife is going nuts. Maybe just getting worse.

Add your comment to this topic!