Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Hesitates going up hills

Travis_528
04-01-2004, 02:38 PM
Please help!!

Well first of all I dont know much of the maintance history on the car. But for the past 6 months this car will studder going up hills like its not getting enought power or fuel. I gave it a tune up new wires, plugs, fuel fiter and I still have the same problem please help me.

Vancouver_TType
04-01-2004, 11:05 PM
I'm not sure man. It could be lots of things. A clogged, worn, or damaged injector(s), a clogged of worn in-tank fuel pump, any one of tons of sensors that may have packed it in.

Is your car leaking oil or "wistling"?...maybe a vacuum leak.

Does the car have a check engine light that's on?...testing that might give you your answer.

I dunno. Try an injector cleaner, premium gas, and run the hell out of it for a while.

Lasota
04-02-2004, 06:23 PM
It could also be that your coil or coils are weak, you should check to see that you have a nice blue spark across a plug, or get yourself a spark gap tester.

Travis_528
04-02-2004, 07:21 PM
Burns oil but can't find leak and there is no whistling. My check engine light is on but it's on from me cracking a senor on the trans. Will try you suggestions vancouver. Thanks for the input. Lasota had not thought of that will try thank you for the advise too.

HannabilRox
04-05-2004, 05:01 PM
I have two LeSabre's and both were acting like yours. Both had different issues. For one, it was the timing chain starting to wear. The other, a bad ECM module which caused the engine to run intermittently on 5 cylinders. I would lose the injector pulse to cylinder #1 off and on. Both cars would "stumble" when on the highway with the cruise on, and going uphill. Neither one had a check engine light code. Hope this helps. But there are a host of other things it could be.

Travis_528
04-07-2004, 10:40 AM
I have two LeSabre's and both were acting like yours. Both had different issues. For one, it was the timing chain starting to wear. The other, a bad ECM module which caused the engine to run intermittently on 5 cylinders. I would lose the injector pulse to cylinder #1 off and on. Both cars would "stumble" when on the highway with the cruise on, and going uphill. Neither one had a check engine light code. Hope this helps. But there are a host of other things it could be.

Thanks I think you probably right. I've tried everything else. Thanks for taking the time to reply and share your advise.

Thanks again,
Travis

Add your comment to this topic!