Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Aftermarket sunroof???

HARDTIMER
04-01-2004, 11:01 AM
Was wondering if anyone has bought an aftermarket moonroof and what the prices are and if you guys (and gals) think it's even worth it. Also thinking of getting an alarm which starts the car (remote start) does this damage the cars ignition system or anything??? Thanks

HARDTIMER
04-01-2004, 11:10 AM
Any SERIOUS reply by a SERIOUS person like the great people I normally get replies from will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HARDTIMER
04-01-2004, 11:20 AM
Any SERIOUS reply by a SERIOUS person like the great people I normally get replies from will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HARDTIMER
04-01-2004, 11:30 AM
Im Gonna Buy The Seran Wrap But I Tell You What. Wrap Your F#@$ing Head Up With It And We'll See If It Is Airtight Enough For My Sunroof. Idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RoraStar96
04-02-2004, 09:09 AM
Idiot flamers....anyway

I dont suggest an aftermarket sunroof. I considered it for my Bonneville and it was to risky. As for remote starter, the VATS system or any theft deterent system that if factory designed has to be bypassed, but it is possible.

In a nutshell...Sunroof no, remote start yes!

ponchonutty
04-03-2004, 06:20 AM
Well, keep in mind that you always get what you pay for. If you want a roof or RS, go to a shop that does a bunch of them or do the word-of-mouth thing to find the shop. I like sunroofs however, it is a real good source for leaks when something is not right.

ckpaas
04-03-2004, 08:16 AM
:screwy: it's a waste of money.. Pay bills dont burn it.. lol

97 silverbullet
04-03-2004, 08:07 PM
it all depends of what you want, do you just a sunroof that will only vent open or that fully opens. well to have one vent open is about 250 and open fully could run up to 500. I've already looked into all the prices to get mine done, but I decided to put a 17 in lcd monitor there instead.

HARDTIMER
08-25-2004, 03:26 AM
Yeah, I Want One That Fully Opens And Vents. Want Monitors Too But 17"???? Wow!!!! Have You Got It Yet??? Thinking Of Getting Headrest Mons. And Maybe A Flip Down Dont Know Yet.

rodtice
08-25-2004, 04:50 PM
I also considered a sunroof, just too many leaks in an aftermarket sunroof.

Can't look as good as OEM, in this car especially, if its not OEM it looks cheap, things just don't look right.

HARDTIMER
08-27-2004, 12:18 AM
yeah, I think im gonna sell my 95 and get a 99 w/ moonroof!

Stoneve
06-16-2005, 10:41 AM
I recently had a power sliding Webasto sunroof installed in my 2001 4x4 Extended Cab Ford Ranger. Very, very happy with the results. Check out the photos I posted. I used an experienced installer, been in business for 30 years. Looked at some of their other installs prior to having my sunroof installed. Overall results look like factory. The complete headliner was replaced and matches the existing sunvisors perfectly. The fit & finish is excellent on everything. The programable controller looks nice. Just by tapping the open or close buttons, the sunroof opens or closes completely. The are two programable buttons, you can set the sunroof to open to any pre-programed position that you desire. The final button labeled with a "C", closes the sunroof completely from any position. The sunshade looks great too. The sunroof automatically closes when the ignition is turned off. There have been a few somewhat heavy rain storms here since the install and there were no leaks. Also, the installer gave a 3 year warranty.

Stoneve
06-16-2005, 10:45 AM
See my post and click on gallery photos. "Stoneve"

Jacko30
06-16-2005, 12:07 PM
Was wondering if anyone has bought an aftermarket moonroof and what the prices are and if you guys (and gals) think it's even worth it. Also thinking of getting an alarm which starts the car (remote start) does this damage the cars ignition system or anything??? Thanks
As a used car dealer at one time now retired I have seen many problems with aftermarket remote starters (security systems) and mostly OAO installers trying to find the proper wires to cut or tap into.
Most of them use a pointed probe to find the proper wires which leaves the wiring exposed to moisture etc. :2cents:

BKVic
06-16-2005, 02:11 PM
My 97 has the factory sunroof and I really wish it didnt. First off the sunroof takes up 2-3 inches of head room and at 6'4" I need all I can get. Second, I just dont use it. There might be a month is spring and a month in fall that I use it sometimes but it is usually hot, cold or humid. Of course this is just my opinion and you may love your sunroof.

BKVic

Add your comment to this topic!