Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Quick mods for more HP

UsuckIruleHAHA
01-08-2002, 10:47 PM
This month I plan on getting my brand new car (yay me) and I was curious to know some of the cheaper parts that I could use to get some more horsepower. I should be getting just the RSX but if I can I'm gonna talk my mom into paying the extra for the type-S.

Also, please tell me how difficult some of this stuff is to install, because unless the dealer will install it I don't want to pay much for installation and would like to do it myself.

Thx in advance.

90CRXZCSi
01-15-2002, 07:01 PM
Well i would start with intake for a good 6 HP or so. As for other mods im not real sure what they have out yet. It's easy to install so ask the dealer to do it.:D

D16 V-TEC
01-15-2002, 08:11 PM
Like 90CRXZCSi said, intakes are great for a first mod. Its even easy enough for you to do by yourself :D. Anyone know if AEM has released their intake for the RSX yet?

kale82
01-17-2002, 12:03 AM
Ya they have released the cold air intake for the rsx, but not the bypass valve, so if you live in a "wet" area, you might wanna wait till they get that out there which shouldn't be long, i'd imagine.. I believe it's about $230 tho.. +/- $20 depending on where you get it at. There's tons of aftermarket parts out for the RSX already, surprisingly enough...

-Bryan Layne
1995 Honda Civic EX

D16 V-TEC
01-17-2002, 07:08 PM
Is it true that the F20 responded really well to intakes. I think I heard that somewhere.... Just want to clarify ^_^.

moe182
01-17-2002, 10:16 PM
Naw forget the AEM CAI, go with the Injen SRI....in some dynos it spits out up to 11 hp! it out performs both the AEM intakes......
If you're gonna do intakes, thats the one to go with as of right now.

Type R
01-18-2002, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by moe182
Naw forget the AEM CAI, go with the Injen SRI....in some dynos it spits out up to 11 hp! it out performs both the AEM intakes......
If you're gonna do intakes, thats the one to go with as of right now.

What is the difference and why is the one better than the other?:bloated:

F20C
01-18-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by D16 V-TEC
Is it true that the F20 responded really well to intakes. I think I heard that somewhere.... Just want to clarify ^_^.

F20?

F20A?
F20B?
F20C?

kale82
01-18-2002, 08:35 PM
SRI?? Meaning Short-Ram Intake??? Short rams are ok, but the big difference, and it's BIG.. is that the Short Rams suck the hot air from under the hood into the engine... and lemme tell ya, after you do 4 or 5 runs at the track it gets HELLA HOT under that hood...whereas, the Cold-Air's are just that, they suck the cold air from just outside of the engine compartment, which is GOOD for your car... so it's up to you I guess, but I've seen and felt the difference, and it does make a difference, but cold air's cost twice as much and it's a must to get a bypass valve for the cold air's if you live in a climate that has quite a bit of rain, or you can suck water into your engine, and we all know how good that is.. anways, just my 500 words or less...

Peace,
1995 Honda Civic EX

D16 V-TEC
01-18-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by F20C

F20?

F20A?
F20B?
F20C?

I don't know.... Lol... Is the RSX a K20- motor? I just totally confused myself....

F20C
01-19-2002, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by D16 V-TEC

I don't know.... Lol... Is the RSX a K20- motor? I just totally confused myself....

Yes RSX uses K Series engine.

Type R
01-19-2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by kale82
SRI?? Meaning Short-Ram Intake??? Short rams are ok, but the big difference, and it's BIG.. is that the Short Rams suck the hot air from under the hood into the engine... and lemme tell ya, after you do 4 or 5 runs at the track it gets HELLA HOT under that hood...whereas, the Cold-Air's are just that, they suck the cold air from just outside of the engine compartment, which is GOOD for your car... so it's up to you I guess, but I've seen and felt the difference, and it does make a difference, but cold air's cost twice as much and it's a must to get a bypass valve for the cold air's if you live in a climate that has quite a bit of rain, or you can suck water into your engine, and we all know how good that is.. anways, just my 500 words or less...

Peace,
1995 Honda Civic EX

Ok thanks alot.
I don't need a bypass.
I live in Canada.
Not much rain.
I don't live on the coast.

Add your comment to this topic!