Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

turbo my civic

michaelsd16c
03-31-2004, 01:40 AM
Alright I seen alot of mags and people talking about make there own turbo's for under a grand and for even as low a 200$!!!!!. What are the peice that I need to make my dream come true. I hoping to leave the stock internals and run the car at about 5psi. Which sounds fine to me :iceslolan. I was thinking about getting a turbo and intercooler from an ecilpse (junkyard of couse) Is it wise to rebuild the turbo (making it cleaner) or is all the same. :icon16:

maxspeedhonda
03-31-2004, 06:23 PM
Alright I seen alot of mags and people talking about make there own turbo's for under a grand and for even as low a 200$!!!!!. What are the peice that I need to make my dream come true. I hoping to leave the stock internals and run the car at about 5psi. Which sounds fine to me :iceslolan. I was thinking about getting a turbo and intercooler from an ecilpse (junkyard of couse) Is it wise to rebuild the turbo (making it cleaner) or is all the same. :icon16:

check out www.homemadeturbo.com

Schister66
11-01-2004, 07:56 PM
Alright i've heard a lot of different stories about Civic turbos and i've heard a range of prices anywhere from $500-6000 and don't know who to believe. The only problem you're going to have is fuel delivery and are you going to retard the timing to prevent detonation??? Maybe you aren't running enough boost, but anyway what kind of Civic (year and model) do you have. I have a 97 Civic Ex and it is fairly tame still. If you get more info, TELL ME! i want a turbo on my civic, but 8-12lbs of boost however. Good luck.

o0Quicksilver0o
11-02-2004, 10:11 AM
I have been a member at www.turbod16.com and you will learn everything you need to know. i am working on my own turbo kit by get different parts and fabricateing alot of them my self. so far i am projecting a cost of about $1400 that is with some very nice parts and also with some crappy low budget parts, i would say you cant make your own turbo setup for under 1k thats bout impossilbe. the mechanics of it are pretty cheap like 800-900 for all of that but its fuel managment/engine mangagment that hurt your budget. prices can vary from 1k to 6k just depends on what kinda stuff you are looking for, no turbo setup is just a turbo setup everyone is different they can range from 50hp all they way to 90hp on the same psi. its all about the type of setup so dont just put turbo in the catagory of just plain being turboed its all in your setup

Add your comment to this topic!