Car Show Announcement!!!!

-Josh-
03-29-2004, 05:46 PM
Since no one ever goes to the car show forum it seems, i'll post this here.

Champaign Illinois

Parkland Community Colleges Motorsports Club is holding a car show on May 1st(that's a Saturday).

There is a $10 entrance fee and the Drag car, a 1980 Chevy Malibu will be doing burnouts and there might even be a burnout competition to.

There is an import class, truck class, and a domestic class(classic and modern) No MOTORCYCLE CLASS this year.

It is in the M parking lot at the college. People should start showing up by 8:00 A.M.

Judging at 11:00/11:30, I along with some of the other Automotive students will be the judges.

We usually get a very good turnout so i hope to see some of you AF guys there. If you have any questions feel free to ask, i will post this in the street racing forum also.

JJ

BlueThunder
03-30-2004, 12:08 AM
Are there any flyers made up for the show, yet? I haven't seen any around school, and the website doesn't have any of that info on it. The most information I'd been able to find out about the show was at a site that was promoting it for the Solo2 Autocross aspect of it.

I've missed it the past couple of years, but since I'm back taking classes again, I'd like to make it to this year's show.

-Derek A

-Josh-
03-30-2004, 05:18 PM
Flyer aren't out around school or anywhere yet, they are still making the final touches on them i believe. What classes are you taking? I'm in the Automotive Management program. Maybe we can meet up some night and go cruising or your more than welcome to come on the cruise this summer that Andy is setting up.

jon@af
04-04-2004, 09:23 PM
I work. Damnit.

Miataracer
04-05-2004, 12:59 PM
and there might even be a burnout competition to.

hmm... better bring my steelies!

BlueThunder
04-06-2004, 01:17 AM
I've got night classes on M,W,R... Website Design (for the heck of it) and Metallurgy (for a CAD Certificate).

What's the Parkland Motorsports Malibu running... Injection or Carb? Still have a computer? Know anyone who's good at rebuilding the Computer Q-Jet? The carb on my Monte SS needs rebuilt, I'm pretty sure.

-Derek A

-Josh-
04-06-2004, 10:23 PM
Carb, 750 CFM i believe...The car has been around before i got here. Last fall it's best quarter was 11.33, not bad, could be better if we can figure out how to keep the right front wheel on the ground or at least get both wheels off the ground. Ill see what i can do about your carb, i wouldn't feel comfortable doing anything but my own. Ill see if there's anyone who can help you out.

BlueThunder
04-14-2004, 12:42 AM
I saw the flyer online the other night, and printed it out on the laser printer (the web layout of it spreads over into 2 pages :-\ )
http://www.parkland.edu/carshow/

I was too busy working on cars, to make it to Bloomington the other night, and the next two 2nd Saturdays, I've got stuff going on, and won't be able to attend. So looks like it's shows like Parkland's and others that I'll hopefully attend.

-Derek

Miataracer
04-14-2004, 03:08 AM
d@mn I am not gonna be back from Vegas in time to make it to that show... and i was looking forward to popping a couple of crappy old tires

-Josh-
04-14-2004, 08:02 AM
There will be an autocross also, $25 dollars to enter i believe.

BlueThunder
04-28-2004, 08:08 PM
Crap, my Torino still is not out of the body shop. My SS is not back "roadworthy" again. I may end up entering in the Dakota in the stock truck class. Don't stand a chance because it's got "road wear" but hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

Are you sure about the $25 for the Auto-X? I thought that paid show entrants didn't have to pay that, or at least pay that much. Perhaps it's changed from the past? That's the main reason I still want to show, is to mess around and see what this Dakota can do in the cones!

Even if I don't enter, I'll still be there for part of the day, taking pictures.

Hope to meet up with you, Josh, and any others attending!

-Derek A

BlueThunder
09-04-2004, 01:41 AM
Bump.... the Parkland show got rained out back in May, and they rescheduled it for the fall....

Sunday, September 19 is the date they postponed to... coming up in a couple weeks.

My Torino is back, and I might have the SS back on the road from it's latest "misfortunes", so dunno in what, but I'll be there!

Derek A

-Josh-
09-05-2004, 09:40 PM
That's cool i'll be looking for you then, shouldn't be to hard there aren't to many Torino's in the area. I'll be driving the blue 79 Z28, it will be parked close to the registration as i have to work the car show and i'll be there early.

BlueThunder
09-17-2004, 10:14 PM
Last minute -BuMp-

Show is this Sunday! I'm hoping to enter the Torino.

Derek A

-Josh-
09-18-2004, 09:17 AM
Yeah i'll see you there, i'm in charge of the Stock 80-89 class so i wont be able to do much checking out of the cars until everyone gets there and voting starts.

Add your comment to this topic!