Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

GReddy Boost controller

Ebola 33-t
03-29-2004, 08:25 AM
My R33 came with a 2 stage GReddy adjustable boost controller. At "Low Boost" it runs about 7.2 Bar with the dial turned almost to full, and down to 6.4 Bar when the dial is turned right down. In "High Boost" it runs 1.3 Bar at about halfway on the dial.

I was wondering if this "minimal" change in boost with a large change in the dial's position is normal, and if so, how would you change the boost setting so it runnys say 1 Bar at low boost.

Cheers

RazorGTR
03-29-2004, 11:38 AM
My R33 came with a 2 stage GReddy adjustable boost controller. At "Low Boost" it runs about 7.2 Bar with the dial turned almost to full, and down to 6.4 Bar when the dial is turned right down. In "High Boost" it runs 1.3 Bar at about halfway on the dial.

I was wondering if this "minimal" change in boost with a large change in the dial's position is normal, and if so, how would you change the boost setting so it runnys say 1 Bar at low boost.

Cheers

Ummm I don't think it will make 6.4 - 7.2 bar on low boost and doubt you're engine or turbo could handle that so lets assume it is .64 - .72 .

It does sound a bit odd as I've got the same boost controller. I run .85kg on low and 1.2kgs on high. I have the low turned to about 3/4 way up and the high to about 1/3 the way up. All they are is an electroniclly controlled bleed valve system. So in saying it bleeds boost pressure off to trick the turbo's actuator into making more boost.

Something I find odd though the factory R33 ECU has a boost cut in it for 1 bar or 14.6 psi. Not quite sure how you're managing to make 1.3 bar saftely!

Ebola 33-t
03-30-2004, 10:09 PM
Yeah i dont know what i was thinking with the 7 Bar of boost. :screwy: I know how a boost controller works but was wondering why the GReddy's increments on the dials make sweet f.a. difference to the actual boost being produced.

Since you have the same one, could you try turn the low boost (for safty purposes as opposed to the high boost) right down, see what it runs, and then open the dial right to full and see what it runs then. I personally havent bothered to muck around with the high boost dial but if you have already tested this, could you let me knwo what you got then.

As for the ECU its gone so i can run any boost i want :biggrin: Im running a MoTeC M48 Pro, with forgies, T04, 33 GTR FMI, N1 Crank. I wouldnt be running 1.3 Bar with just a pod filter and blow off valve :nono:

Cheers again.

Add your comment to this topic!