Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Centre Console

dred98
03-28-2004, 07:19 PM
Probably not a problem that anyone can solve - but how do people get at anything in the centre console when you're actually driving ?
Seems to me that you'd need a dislocated right arm - why didn't they put the hinge on the side, like every other car I've owned.
I have to admit that's about the only thing I can find wrong with my 98.

dred98
Dark Red '98, sunroof, autobahn, wish I had chrome wheels.

dsatt12
03-29-2004, 01:14 AM
Just a guess, but I'm thinking you're taller than I am. I have no trouble as the lid is pretty much completely behind my elbow when I'm getting into it.

Either that or you like to slouch when you drive :)

dred98
03-29-2004, 07:23 AM
It's not so much getting into the box, the problem is opening the lid - my right arm is in the way when I am trying to open the lid.

I'm less than 6 foot and I haven't slouched since my mother told me not to . . . . . .

97 silverbullet
03-29-2004, 07:27 AM
sometimes it gets in the way but I hate the ones the open to the side, I just dont like those.

RoraStar96
03-29-2004, 11:21 PM
I dont like it either, thats why I ask my cutie pie co-pilot to grab my things....sorry ;)

Seriously tho, it could have been a bit better. Frankly I find the cup holders to be more of an issue, ever try to have a cup of coffee or somethin there and change gears? Better be double jointed :)

Add your comment to this topic!