Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

My clutch makes weird noises!

civicgrl
03-28-2004, 05:14 PM
I hear this weird screeching noise when I push my clutch in. It usually makes that same sound but sometimes doesnt. What the hell is that noise? Is it rust? Or is it rubbing against something? I cant figure it out. Please help!

xproductionz
03-28-2004, 07:22 PM
is it a squeak or something loud...mines squeaked before when i pused it but nothing like a little WD-40 on the joint near the clutch pedal and it was good as gone

civicgrl
03-29-2004, 03:57 AM
is it a squeak or something loud...mines squeaked before when i pused it but nothing like a little WD-40 on the joint near the clutch pedal and it was good as gone

It's very loud from the inside AND the outside! It's a squeeking noise as if my pedal is rubbing against something. It's weird! It's kind of embarrassing too! lol! But I will try using some WD-40. My dad said to do the same thing. Thanks for the advice! :)

ShoofIsLudin
03-29-2004, 11:01 PM
I hear this weird screeching noise when I push my clutch in. It usually makes that same sound but sometimes doesnt. What the hell is that noise? Is it rust? Or is it rubbing against something? I cant figure it out. Please help!
What kind of clutch is it? In my Prelude my clutch screams too. I was told its because of the 4 puck clutch. My clutch will either chatter the front end, or screech

voidplus1
03-30-2004, 09:51 AM
It's very loud from the inside AND the outside! It's a squeeking noise as if my pedal is rubbing against something. It's weird! It's kind of embarrassing too! lol! But I will try using some WD-40. My dad said to do the same thing. Thanks for the advice! :)

Does it squeak when you press the clutch pedal down and up? Whether the car is on or off? I think I had the same problem as you a while back, but when I installed a new clutch kit I used gobbs of high-temp grease on all the metal-to-metal parts. Mainly the clutch fork (or whatever it's called).. it teaters or a steel ball thing and on my transmission it was rubbed pretty smooth so I put hella grease there. There's also this springy thing in there that was rubbing against some metal as well, so I put hella grease all over that too. There's been no squeak in my clutch since... I would suggest you do the same, but I dunno if you can lube those parts without removing the transmission. And I can't imagine WD-40 helping much for very long... you need something thicker in there.

xproductionz
03-30-2004, 09:00 PM
my squeak was coming from the joint where the clutch pvitoes on inside the car compartment... just the bolt rubbing the lever thats it... so for me wd-40 was fine.. but if it was deeper than that then yeah, need some thick ass grease

civicgrl
03-30-2004, 11:32 PM
Does it squeak when you press the clutch pedal down and up? Whether the car is on or off? I think I had the same problem as you a while back, but when I installed a new clutch kit I used gobbs of high-temp grease on all the metal-to-metal parts. Mainly the clutch fork (or whatever it's called).. it teaters or a steel ball thing and on my transmission it was rubbed pretty smooth so I put hella grease there. There's also this springy thing in there that was rubbing against some metal as well, so I put hella grease all over that too. There's been no squeak in my clutch since... I would suggest you do the same, but I dunno if you can lube those parts without removing the transmission. And I can't imagine WD-40 helping much for very long... you need something thicker in there.

Wow! Sounds so technical! lol! I dont know what the "steel ball thing" is or the "springy thing", or even what the "clutch fork" is! lol! Yeah, it squeaks when I press the clutch in and out even if the car is turned off. But I'm thinking maybe I should just take my car to the shop and see if they can do something for me. I dont think I can afford a new clutch right now! But if I could I would! But I really appreciate your advice! Wish you could help me in person so I could understand better and save money!

~Erica~

civicgrl
03-30-2004, 11:42 PM
my squeak was coming from the joint where the clutch pvitoes on inside the car compartment... just the bolt rubbing the lever thats it... so for me wd-40 was fine.. but if it was deeper than that then yeah, need some thick ass grease

cool! Thanks for the advice! I just hope that I'm not wearing anything down each time I press my clutch in. I dont want to make things worse. But n e way, thanks again!

~Erica~

Add your comment to this topic!