Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 rodeo having problems starting someone help!!

swtlady
03-28-2004, 06:52 AM
I have a 1995 Isuzu Rodeo..when turning the key lights go on and battery is fine but nothing happens when you turn the key...will start on minute then when trying to start again it wont do anything, you have to wait hours before it will start again. Looking for anyone that can help with this, new battery, cleaned cables..still having problem.

rodeo02
03-28-2004, 07:12 AM
With your rodeo being 9yrs old, I would suspect a bad starter. Ususally what happens with these starters is the brushes wear down & cause the issue you are having. You have to pull the starter to remove/replace the brushes. A shop that rebuilds electric motors can set you up with those for cheap, or you can just replace the whole starter. Do yourself a favor & get an factory / OEM starter. These are a PITA to replace on these trucks and aftermarket/parts store/rebuilt/reman starters almost never last long.
G/luck
Joel

Cat Fuzz
03-29-2004, 10:59 PM
I agree w/ Rodeo02. Mine did that same thing when it went bad. Although it didn't take hours to start. I just had to cycle the key several times and it would finally kick over.

Add your comment to this topic!