Y do people hate hondas so much....

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Joseph1082
05-03-2004, 07:03 PM
I can respect your opinion, but my friend's s13 interior is pretty much the same as mine IMO. I didn't ever really notice if it is plastic or vinyl. My car's is mostly plastic, i mean, all the cars in tihs range have pretty much the same s*it. Your 240 pretty much has the same options I have... I have a driver's power seat and that's about it, no heated seats or wood grain or anything.

Joseph1082
05-03-2004, 07:06 PM
Oh, One thing I can thing of is that making an S2K style v8... well, first I think it would require too much energy and stress to have all those parts, bigger parts, moving that fast. They also move w/ a lot more force (torque).

publicenemy137
05-03-2004, 08:22 PM
^ oh wait yea s13 interiors aren't that nice, they're normal. I have the s14, that's when nissan tried to make it more of a luxury appearance.

Prelewd
05-03-2004, 09:50 PM
Either way man.. I have both :smile:..

327 with a carter 650, 3/4 race cam and oversized heads in a '65 chev pickup. While it's fun to drive, it's not practical at all. That's why I bought a honda.

publicenemy137
05-03-2004, 10:19 PM
^ what do you mean you have both? both what?

Joseph1082
05-03-2004, 11:33 PM
Both a v8 torque monster (in the truck) and a 4 cyl. in the Prelude, I'm assuming.
Prelewd... I just hope you are not like the as*hole honda owners around here that aren't logical. It's as simple as a performance car isn't FWD, even honda knows this (S2K and NSX). Everyone has their taste, I've always like sports cars, and since I could never have a Vette, I got what Chevy intended as its alternative. But a Civic hatch w/ a B18 or an H22 is by NO MEANS a sports car... why can't they just get it.

Prelewd
05-04-2004, 02:22 AM
Both a v8 torque monster (in the truck) and a 4 cyl. in the Prelude, I'm assuming.
Prelewd... I just hope you are not like the as*hole honda owners around here that aren't logical. It's as simple as a performance car isn't FWD, even honda knows this (S2K and NSX). Everyone has their taste, I've always like sports cars, and since I could never have a Vette, I got what Chevy intended as its alternative. But a Civic hatch w/ a B18 or an H22 is by NO MEANS a sports car... why can't they just get it.

and i hope you are not one of those ignorant camaro owners around here that aren't logical.

FWD cars can be made to handle. they can be made to compete in autocross events, and larger sanctioned track racing events, both of which (last time i checked) are sports. many even compete against similarly tuned BMWs and win.

they might not be a true sports car, but the definition of which is relavant to how you were raised, and what you have driven in the past. personally, i can't afford an NSX, so i drive what honda intended as it's alternative: the prelude.

like i have said before, do not discount a car based merely on the fact that it's FWD.

Joseph1082
05-04-2004, 03:09 AM
No, in fact, I can respect a Type R, it really is a honda race machine. But there re Honda owners out there w/ BASE model cars no less, slapping on intake and exhaust, maybe wires and plugs, and talking shit to me. Like I said, I don't talk shit to Viper or Vette owners, Y can't these guys do the same. Even a Prelude or a Type R has virtually no chance...
Ok, let me say this... If someone comes through with a really built up honda, he has my respect... this kid around here has a red hatch w/ two racing seats, and some kind of custom built LS-Vtec w/ spoon parts, his older bro owns the nearest Honda performance shop. I can't touch him, but I can admit that. But they rest of these guys. Then they think that by dropping in a Type R or an H22 they will beat me. And all the rest of the ricers who have slow cars back them up, "ooo, it's FAST". But then Y is it these guys are never up street racing w/ the 5.0s and such. It's such BS, you tell me?

Joseph1082
05-04-2004, 03:11 AM
Oh, and they think that my car is a GIANT piece of metal and that they weigh next to nothing in their small lane-zipping imports... the most they could have on me is what, 800lb. They act like they have a ton.

Prelewd
05-04-2004, 03:21 AM
No, in fact, I can respect a Type R, it really is a honda race machine. But there re Honda owners out there w/ BASE model cars no less, slapping on intake and exhaust, maybe wires and plugs, and talking shit to me. Like I said, I don't talk shit to Viper or Vette owners, Y can't these guys do the same. Even a Prelude or a Type R has virtually no chance...
Ok, let me say this... If someone comes through with a really built up honda, he has my respect... this kid around here has a red hatch w/ two racing seats, and some kind of custom built LS-Vtec w/ spoon parts, his older bro owns the nearest Honda performance shop. I can't touch him, but I can admit that. But they rest of these guys. Then they think that by dropping in a Type R or an H22 they will beat me. And all the rest of the ricers who have slow cars back them up, "ooo, it's FAST". But then Y is it these guys are never up street racing w/ the 5.0s and such. It's such BS, you tell me?

I couldn't tell you because I'm not one of them.

And 800lbs is quite a bit of weight.

Joseph1082
05-04-2004, 04:59 AM
But you see my point, it's those people that lead to threads like these... and 800lb. isn't so much when I have 3X's the Torque they have.

publicenemy137
05-04-2004, 10:42 AM
I'm goin to have to agree with Joseph, american's out of the factory come with a lot more hp than any Civics, H22As, or Type Rs. And with a little bit more money, it will kill any h22a or b18c type r's, the honda engines will have to be modded quite a bit. and FWD aren't true sports cars, they do have some advantages that u stated prelewd, but that's not why they were made that way. They were made that way to be practical, economical, insurance saving.

But whatever floats your boat, if you like FWD preludes, fine.

Prelewd
05-04-2004, 01:24 PM
I'm goin to have to agree with Joseph, american's out of the factory come with a lot more hp than any Civics, H22As, or Type Rs. And with a little bit more money, it will kill any h22a or b18c type r's, the honda engines will have to be modded quite a bit. and FWD aren't true sports cars, they do have some advantages that u stated prelewd, but that's not why they were made that way. They were made that way to be practical, economical, insurance saving.

But whatever floats your boat, if you like FWD preludes, fine.

Personally, I'd rather have a RWD Z car, but it's something I can't really afford right now. I know american "muscle cars" come out of the factory with more hp and torque. That's what they were built for. If this was an America vs. Japan thread, I'd bring up Cavaliers, focus', and neons.

I don't feel like you guys understand what I'm saying, and as a result, are labeling me one of those idiots that puts plug wires on his car and expects a huge gain.

Drive a well built honda and you'll see what I mean. It doesn't even have to be the motor that's built.. just some minor suspension work. It's like everyday, I go go-karting, and I love the hell out of it.

BLU CIVIC
05-04-2004, 01:40 PM
i don't see what everyones deal is with Hondas....well i kinda do

itz the same with those few other car owners that do a lil to their car and go out and try and race....the only difference is that hondas a re cheaper and easier to come by and that there is a huge aftermarket...

but a lot of honda owners get on my newvers like a few other car owners who buy an exhaust and som lights and think they have a hooked up ride...stupid in my opnion...when i had my civic i had my car lowered, 2-1/4" exhaust with a turbo muffler and upper and lower braces....u may say that's not much (wich is isn't in a straight line) but i used mu honda where it benefited most....in the corners....it handled like a champ...

but most people forget that yes hondas aren't sports cars...they're like sports "compact" cars and i commend those that hook up their cars and choose function over form...yes it takes money to hook them up but any project you enjoy...u pay....and that's with any type of car....

but the whole thing with people hating on hondas and their owners is completely retarded...itz a car...and the car reflects the owner...if u wanna hate on anything....hate on the owners taste and not my grandma b/c she drives a civic

Joseph1082
05-04-2004, 05:00 PM
I don't hate it that much, it's the dellusional assholes that I hate. I can respect true enthusists, like the one I mentioned or Erick's racing 10 sec hondas all-motor. If I had mad money to play w/ I'd probably try one for my next car... y buy another muscle car, been there, done that, still love em though. The Type R is prety good for what it is, and built up will run w/ older v8s. I told you I just can't stand the ignorant owners and their dellusions.

Prelewd
05-04-2004, 05:15 PM
I don't hate it that much, it's the dellusional assholes that I hate. I can respect true enthusists, like the one I mentioned or Erick's racing 10 sec hondas all-motor. If I had mad money to play w/ I'd probably try one for my next car... y buy another muscle car, been there, done that, still love em though. The Type R is prety good for what it is, and built up will run w/ older v8s. I told you I just can't stand the ignorant owners and their dellusions.

Neither can we man..

Murray B.
05-12-2004, 07:14 PM
Tell me what is wrong with hondas.

I do not hate Honda but there are several things wrong with Honda's, japanese cars and other products, and Japan itself.

First problem is that Japanese companies grease the press. We call it bribery but they call it something else. Whatever it is it gives the consumer a distorted view of reality. What author could resist a 300% bonus for favoring one product over another similar one. Grease works to cloud our vision.

Secondly, they grease the politicians to pass favorable laws. For example the British politicians passed a law requiring all motorcyles to shift on the Japanese instead of the British side. Stupidity? ...no it was grease!

Thirldly these companies use industrial espionage on a regular basis and even have agents in competing companies. These fifth columnists cause massive damage. Remember this the next time you see a massively stupid corporate decision.

Last thing is, and this is obvious to me way up here in Canada, what does the future hold. After they have destroyed yet another one of your industries will they still be making nice to you? Japanese products are made using "just in time" production. That can only work long term with "just in time" consumption. They can only ensure that with legistation. Very soon you will have to replace your car with a new one ever four years because anything older will not pass inspection.

The great mystery to me is why so many people in North America are so trusting of companies that come from a country that we were at war with only a few decades ago. Is there any chance that all has not been forgiven?

Think about it.

TankMMC
05-12-2004, 07:53 PM
Last thing is, and this is obvious to me way up here in Canada, what does the future hold. After they have destroyed yet another one of your industries will they still be making nice to you? Japanese products are made using "just in time" production. That can only work long term with "just in time" consumption. They can only insure that with legistation. Very soon you will have to replace your car with a new one ever four years because anything older will not pass inspection.

what do you mean by "just in time" production? japan makes arguably the world's most reliable cars. My very good friend here does vehicle testing for the past 7 months - about 20 cars a day and he has NEVER failed a japanese car newer than 1999. Seeing as hes only had his WOF license for a short while and is paranoid of losing it, he follows the (reasonably strict) rules religiously. He has however, failed more than their fair share of Ford Mondeo, Falcon, Holden Commodore etc...The whole reason why the Japanese are getting more popular is because of their price/quality...maybe the other manufacturers should follow suit, before its too late

2strokebloke
05-12-2004, 08:36 PM
"just in time" is an efficient means of production, that gets rid of time and space wasting warehouses - parts arrive where they need to be "just in time" instead of waiting around in warehouses. Obviously, MB has no idea what this system is because of the way he refers to it, and the ideas he holds about it.
Secondly, the Japanese government ENCOURAGES the Japanese people to buy foreign products, especially products from America.
Thirdly, all companies keep an eye on what their competitors are doing! To not do so would be plain stupid! All corporations do it, not just the Japanese - there are some major misconceptions being passed around here.
I may also add, that many Japanese companies operate on principles invented by an American... Edward Demming. The Japanese, eager to rebuild their industry and economy in the 1950s adopted his ideas - the American companies who were having a fine time, saw no reason to adopt his ideas for better corporate management, a decision they began to regret much later. Ford even had Mr. Demming come in to give them advice, he left frustrated because they didn't really want to change, so he left... and the Japanese companies continue to prosper...

Prelewd
05-12-2004, 09:23 PM
"just in time" is an efficient means of production, that gets rid of time and space wasting warehouses - parts arrive where they need to be "just in time" instead of waiting around in warehouses. Obviously, MB has no idea what this system is because of the way he refers to it, and the ideas he holds about it.
Secondly, the Japanese government ENCOURAGES the Japanese people to buy foreign products, especially products from America.
Thirdly, all companies keep an eye on what their competitors are doing! To not do so would be plain stupid! All corporations do it, not just the Japanese - there are some major misconceptions being passed around here.
I may also add, that many Japanese companies operate on principles invented by an American... Edward Demming. The Japanese, eager to rebuild their industry and economy in the 1950s adopted his ideas - the American companies who were having a fine time, saw no reason to adopt his ideas for better corporate management, a decision they began to regret much later. Ford even had Mr. Demming come in to give them advice, he left frustrated because they didn't really want to change, so he left... and the Japanese companies continue to prosper...

I'd just like to add that "just in time" production cuts overhead. So does Demmings TQM that 2strokebloke mentioned, in that it effectively reduces the number of recalls and, in turn, saves the consumer time and money. There's a reason for japanese reliability, and it starts with a bunch of letters: TQM, SPC, QC, JIT just to name a few.

Murray B.
05-13-2004, 05:57 PM
There is not going to be much savings with "just in time" if the unsold assembled automobiles must be kept in inventory. Assembled, the parts actually occupy a larger volume. This is what I meant originally, sorry for any confusion.

Japan is going to be nice to you only until they destroy the local industry. Then you will pay through the nose for your cars.

Already Toyota is the #1 automaker in the world by market value and Chrysler has been gobbled up by a German company. The other two probably only have a few years left. Who the heck wants a car that needs major work at 50,000 miles. Sadly, these are only the end of a long list of industries that have already been destroyed by the Axis powers since the war. These clandestine, conspiratorial industrial attacks must be stopped while there is still something left of America's main industry.

Step #1. Buy an American brand even if you know they are not better.

Step #2. Get politically smart and start asking the hard questions. If something looks stupid then you have almost certainly found corruption. Stupid people rarely come into positions of power, but smart con artists often fake stupidity.

There you have it. A simple two step process that you can do or have your economy die. The choice is yours.

D[X]P
05-13-2004, 06:41 PM
I will not buy an american car(unless muscle). It is proven that american cars are sucky compared to european and japanese.

2strokebloke
05-13-2004, 06:57 PM
I'm not going to "buy American" just because it's not as good as what other countries make. That's silly, and stupid. It's your money, not a corporations, you might as well get the best you can for your money, instead of settling for something less, just because Nostalgia clouds your judgement.
The American companies are where they are now, because of their own mistakes. It's easy to blame others who do good for making you look bad, but the truth is, way back when the seeds for failure were planted, the companies were set on their paths because management reasoned that Americans would buy American products, even if the quality and reliability wasn't so good, because American consumers were more interested in good looks than they were in quality. That the ugly little VW was doing so well should have told them otherwise, but by the time the Japanese really started doing good, it was getting late to make changes - and many still held the same beliefs that they did in 50's and 60's. It's their own fault, and I'm not going to let them cry on my shoulder.

publicenemy137
05-13-2004, 11:13 PM
There is not going to be much savings with "just in time" if the unsold assembled automobiles must be kept in inventory. Assembled, the parts actually occupy a larger volume. This is what I meant originally, sorry for any confusion.

Japan is going to be nice to you only until they destroy the local industry. Then you will pay through the nose for your cars.

Already Toyota is the #1 automaker in the world by market value and Chrysler has been gobbled up by a German company. The other two probably only have a few years left. Who the heck wants a car that needs major work at 50,000 miles. Sadly, these are only the end of a long list of industries that have already been destroyed by the Axis powers since the war. These clandestine, conspiratorial industrial attacks must be stopped while there is still something left of America's main industry.

Step #2. Get politically smart and start asking the hard questions. If something looks stupid then you have almost certainly found corruption. Stupid people rarely come into positions of power, but smart con artists often fake stupidity.

There you have it. A simple two step process that you can do or have your economy die. The choice is yours.

GM and ford are still the biggest automakers in the world, bigger than any japanese company. and buying japanese cars is still good for american economy, reason is b/c japanese cars are being built here and puts american workers at work. Like 2strokebloke said, it's your money, don't let marketing or corporate loyalty cloud your judgement. I only buy quality stuff, therefore, i buy japanese makes.

Joseph1082
05-13-2004, 11:56 PM
I was confused about that statement about Toyota, as far as I know, by sheer Volume, GM is the largest Corporation in the World... period. No danger for them there.
I like American sports cars better, so I guess I'd buy them, as for other cars, american sedans etc are looking stupider and stupider.
On the topic on economics, the issue is two-fold.
The cars are built here in North America (some in Canada, some Mexico), but since they are produced by a Japanese company, the money goes back to Japan, it contributes to Japan's GNP, not ours, and adds to our negative balance of payments.

Murray B.
05-14-2004, 11:31 AM
I was confused about that statement about Toyota, as far as I know, by sheer Volume, GM is the largest Corporation in the World... period.

Please let me clarify my statement. Thirty years ago GM was the world's largest automaker by all measures, volume, market value and profits. Today it is only the largest by volume with Toyota having a higher market value and better profits. GM is still strong in the low end with but that will soon change. Too much low-priced Detroit Iron now need major (>$500) repairs at 50 or 60 thousand miles. The U.S. automakers have been unsuccesful in convincing their customers that this is "normal wear and tear" and they are switching to other brands.

My sweetie who comes from an all Ford family has a sweet little 1995 Mystique. It has only 60,000 miles and was properly cared for. Neverthess it has cost, in addition to normal service fees, $1200 for repairs that are supposedly "normal wear and tear". For the first time in her life she is now looking at Toyotas.

I'm sorry but I don't see GM being #1 in anything five or ten years from now. This is sad because I come from an all GM family. My first car was a '62 Parisienne and my favorite car was a '69 Wildcat. Today I own a '97 Grand Am but am worried because it made the list of the world's worst cars. Apparently it has all the faults of a Lada or a Hyundai Pony but cost three times as much. This is not how GM got to be #1 and I expect that multi-billion dollar bailouts will soon follow unless they sell it off to foreigners.

Joseph1082
05-14-2004, 03:39 PM
Ok, what does it mean that Toyota has Higher Market Value??? And GM will always be the largest due to sheer size, no company is larger.

Prelewd
05-14-2004, 04:06 PM
I think he means higher market value per unit. The depreciation isn't as high in Toyotas as it is in GMs.

Why Murray is telling us to buy GM is beyond me, especially after he clarified why most of us do not purchase GM. All they have to do, and they are working on this, is build their cars better. Take a note from the Japanese automakers.

The repair costs is so high because they do not design their cars to be worked on. Anybody who has torn apart a Honda and torn apart any american car knows what I'm talking about. Hondas are FAR easier to take apart and put back together.

Murray B.
05-14-2004, 05:44 PM
Ok, what does it mean that Toyota has Higher Market Value??? And GM will always be the largest due to sheer size, no company is larger.

There are five measures commonly used to rank companies; sales, profits, assets, market value, and sometimes, the number of employees.

As I understand it the market value of a company is the total of the shares/debentures times their dollar value. An accountant or investment advisor would know more about it than I do.

At one time GM was #1 regardless of the criteria used to rank it. That is no longer true.

Why buy American when the cars are so lousy? Simply, because the banks do not have your money. They invested 90% of it in "blue chip" stocks like GM and IBM. If everyone buys foreign then the companies will collapse and the banks will put up signs saying something like "Closed - never to reopen" just like they did 70 years or so ago.

Everything in North America is interconnected and the real cost of buying foreign is much higher than you think.

P.S. My sweetie has just purchased a Ford Windstar. Guess we have just gotten too old to change our ways.

integra818
05-14-2004, 10:48 PM
Hondas are FAR easier to take apart and put back together.

I agree.It takes no more than 30 minutes to change a Civic radiator, it took me and another friend 2 hours to change the radiator on a Ford Focus.

jon@af
05-14-2004, 11:39 PM
I agree.It takes no more than 30 minutes to change a Civic radiator, it took me and another friend 2 hours to change the radiator on a Ford Focus.
Well, that's probably because Ford has some of the weirdest ways of putting their cars together. My dad and I fixed an older body style Crown Vic and had to take the entire, and I mean ENTIRE dash out to change--are you ready?--a light and a fuse.

doucmehu
05-24-2004, 03:44 PM
Honda's are good, rice is bad. Put them together, oh what a FAD!!!!!!!

KatWoman
05-29-2004, 05:21 PM
Tell me what is wrong with hondas.

Nothing is wrong with Honda's except for the owners who turn themselves into brand nazi's are think that it is the best brand in the world and judge you negatively if you dont think the same. This can apply to owners of all brands....every group has their brand nazi's in them.

A REAL car enthusiast can be loyal to a favorite brand but can still appreciate what others have to offer. An elitist does not.

Blazing Rice
05-29-2004, 05:44 PM
True car guys don't hate Honda, we hate rice. Try visiting anti-rice.com forums. Even though many members have RWD US built muscle cars there are many that have imports too. The site has nothing against imports, just dumb looking cars and fake performance products. :smile: Fast is fast, period. Looking good and going fast is all in the eye of the beholder.

lamehonda
06-10-2004, 10:15 AM
Honda's are made to be budget economy cars... I'm tired of poeplegoing around thinking their Honda's are fast... y not brag to me about your high fuel economy. And then when poeple rice out their honda's and think they are sooo hot/fast... that is the most annoying thing. Tell you what, it's these assholes that are ruining it for you regular honda guys.

Everybody should drive an acura or a lexus. that would surely ruin the rep that these cars have built

Nothing beats a riced out GS300

lazysmurff
06-10-2004, 01:20 PM
wow, that was needlessly incendiary.

lamehonda
06-15-2004, 01:19 PM
people love to hate hondas cuz they are superior in quality but not in styling and performance. Kind of like that smart geek in class.< but nobody hates him:)

DGB454
06-15-2004, 03:05 PM
Yes they do.

lamehonda
06-16-2004, 10:55 AM
Yes they do.

HaH! I knew people hated me. And now I have proof

integra818
06-16-2004, 12:38 PM
You're girl are'nt you?

Hypsi87
06-16-2004, 12:52 PM
The problem with Honda like everyone said are the ricers that own them. It is sooo annoying to hear the 70% of the Honda performance community brag about how there car is the fastest thing around and how they own everything blah blah blah, then you get on the forums or something like that and you see posts like "Shooting for 16's, any suggestions?" :screwy: That is the only thing that annoys me.

CarSuperfreak
06-16-2004, 12:55 PM
Where I live is like the epitomy of ricers; body kits, 4" exhaust, rear wing, blingin chromes....but oh? whats that? no work on the motor??

I personally respect anyone who puts hard work into their car to make it fast; I dont judge until I have all the facts, unfortunatly; not too many tuners around here, just ricers :disappoin

lazysmurff
06-16-2004, 01:21 PM
i find it humorous the changes we see given the region. here in arkansas, i see more toyotas and mitsubishi riced out than i see hondas (though we have our fair share of slow, winged civics..usually 88 models and older)

and back in dallas, i actually saw more slow domestics (especially 6 banger 'stangs) riced out than i did civics. in fact, there's some serious "sleeper rice" in that area. I pulled up on one girl in a four door civic just plastered with stickers and a huge wing, and the tin can exhaust thinkin "this is gonna be easy" and i about shit myself when she tore past me. the last thing i remember before i made a hasty right turn was her tailights and a blow off valve. pretty embarrasing.

anyways, yea, what were talking about?

fajita23200
06-30-2004, 10:40 AM
define really fast.

i have no trouble defeating other NA four bangers and many NA 6's. even beat a v8 once (dodge truck, on the highway, no big deal)

all this with only (quick estimate) $350 dollars worth of intake, headers, and exhaust work.

plenty fast for me.

but if you mean to make it run 12's or 11's....jesus man, we're looking at another 5-6 grand for the h22a swap, then another 3 grand for the turbo kit, a grand or so in suspension upgrades.....etc etc etc

point being about 3500 down the road ive got a quick car, that still gets 35 miles to the gallon (in the city no less) and IMHO looks pretty nice (please note, it is still BONE STOCK in appearance, if you dont notice the flowmaster muffler, which most people dont.)

sure, it wont outrun a GS-T, but im only 19 and still in college. ive got awhile to go. lord knows i wont be driving this car all my life.
Sorry it took so long for the reply. I forgot about this thread. But, it's still going. $3500.00 is impressive for quickness. I know alot of the imports are pretty fast. I just can't get past that sound they make, it's like fingernails on a chalkboard. To each their own I always say. By the way, graduate from college. I dropped out at 23. Now, I need to go back to make any kind of real money.

fajita23200
06-30-2004, 11:09 AM
Hmm i wonder why Japanese cars don't make V8s, if they can get incredible out of 2.0 inline 4s (S2k - 240 hp) and 3.2-3.5 V6s (350z - 287 hp, NSX - 290) imagine what they could do with a big block V8 engine like a 5.5. They could finally make japanese muscle n/a engine power without use of a turbo. I wonder why they do'nt just create one vehicle that does that. What is the highest hp a japanese car makes anyways?? The only one I can think on top of my head right now is the 350z, 287 hp. Or the NSX, 290 hp.
Japanese companies do make v8's, I'm not sure if they put them in any of their cars. But, they put them in the Tundra,
(Toyota.) Nissan has a v8, ect. I don't doubt they could do amazing things if they really wanted to.Why they don't "just do it", is a mystery to me.I'm waiting to see what domestic and import companies do next.

fajita23200
06-30-2004, 11:30 AM

Have my economy die, hahahaha!!!!!!! There are quite a few import factories in the united states. They actually provide jobs to american citizens. I have an American car. Is it any better than the imports I have owned??? No, not really. I've had good and bad in both classes. I won't complain about my car. Although I've had really stupid problems with my domestic at lower miles than any import with high miles I've ever owned.

BLU CIVIC
06-30-2004, 11:42 AM

how about...no :disappoin that defeats the purpose of consumer spending...instead of askin to "us" to by a cheap quality american product...why not make "us" want to buy it by making the quality better

integra818
06-30-2004, 02:47 PM
Would you want an engine with 500 LBS of torque but it would only spin to 1000 RPM??? NO, because an engine like would only make 92 HP.

2strokebloke
06-30-2004, 03:49 PM
Yeah, but it'd be the best damn 92hp around! Hell, at 1000rpm? It could climb hills in top gear at idle!

integra818
07-01-2004, 10:38 PM
It would be good for a truck, but it probably would'nt make a good racing engine.

96Civ
07-03-2004, 04:07 PM
It would be able to haul, but not accelerate... HP and Torque work together.

2strokebloke
07-03-2004, 04:11 PM
Why would you want to race with such an engine?

integra818
07-03-2004, 11:13 PM
It would be able to haul, but not accelerate... HP and Torque work together.

Torque and rpm work together, HP is just the sum of both rpm and Torque.

Torque is overrated, RPM is often ignored. If one engine made the same Hp as another, but had more torque...then the other one has more RPM.

CivicSlayr
07-11-2004, 08:04 AM
Hey, use muscle guys don't hate all hondas, just the queers who talk shit all day long, and then when you see if that queer wants to race they say something like, i don't do drag, it's gay well, your the one that was saying that you would tear my 400 horse power nova to shreads, and now you back down, or sometimes they say that there car is set up for drifting, FUKN NEWSFLASH, you can't drift a front wheel drive car, at least not corectly

BLU CIVIC
07-11-2004, 09:22 PM
i think u mean...drift in the way u think is right...and yes fwd cars can...seen them do it on a vid from japan where they drift as good as rwd cars...continuous drifts...

but i can beat a 400hp nova...just walk past it when itz parked :lol2:

BleedDodge
07-11-2004, 09:27 PM
I don't mind Honda. Their quads, anyway. They probably pull harder than their cars...

jcsaleen
07-14-2004, 06:32 PM
I dont hate hondas I just prefer nissans. :biggrin:

Actaully I do like hondas like the NSX. Thats a honda to be reckond with.

integra818
07-15-2004, 03:35 AM
Alot of people make fun of Hondas because they don't have 'torque'...they have a crapload of RPM which makes up for the lack of torque.

WissNX01
07-15-2004, 03:46 AM
Hondas are pretty in yellow. They look and sound like a bumble bee as they speed past me and into a light post.

lamehonda
07-15-2004, 01:52 PM
anybody know why he/\ got banned?

Add your comment to this topic!