Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

T88H-34D yay or nay?

abuC
03-27-2004, 09:51 AM
While Im waiting for my car, I have the chance to pick up a brand new T88H kit for pretty cheap. I know this turbo is dated, and a big lag monster, but I have had the chance to ride in a Supra with the standard 33D, and lag wasnt as bad as everyone makes it seem. Boost was just a downshift away, and the powerband was actually quite progressive. I know the car would need internal work done to support such a turbo, but the price is hard to turn away from.

At the price Im getting the kit I can just sell the T88H if I dont like it and pick up a smaller turbo. Opinions are welcome :)

RazorGTR
03-27-2004, 03:10 PM
Ask yourself this. How much power do you really want, and how long do you want the engine to last at that power. Simply bolting one of these big monster turbo kits on and doing the rest of the engine doesn't mean it will last.
Not to mention the gearbox, diffs, axles you'll have to do to support the huge increase in torque. Don't forget about the ecu which will need to be done.

SkylineUSA
03-30-2004, 11:59 PM
While Im waiting for my car, I have the chance to pick up a brand new T88H kit for pretty cheap. I know this turbo is dated, and a big lag monster, but I have had the chance to ride in a Supra with the standard 33D, and lag wasnt as bad as everyone makes it seem. Boost was just a downshift away, and the powerband was actually quite progressive. I know the car would need internal work done to support such a turbo, but the price is hard to turn away from.

At the price Im getting the kit I can just sell the T88H if I dont like it and pick up a smaller turbo. Opinions are welcome :)

Agreed :smokin:

SkylineUSA
03-31-2004, 12:00 AM

I totally agree with Razor :smokin:

If your are getting it that cheap, buy it, and sell it.

abuC
03-31-2004, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the replies, I took into account all the things that would be needed to support the turbo. But, I think Im going to just order the kit, sell the T88H, and go with a smaller turbo.

SkylineUSA
03-31-2004, 03:31 PM
Good choice:)

2530s, you cannot go wrong.

I like the GT-SS myself.

gtr33rob
04-15-2004, 07:54 PM
If you have the chance take a look at the GT-RS turbines. Here in Japan they are replacing the older GT series and have a higher power band. I have 2540's but I am really thinking to get the GT-RS set. Also I have had several Japanese friends with the Le Mans turbines, I rode in a R33 that had tem and the dude hit 1.6 boost. That hit the spot for seat slamin to me. The Le mNas turbines are designed for high performance and high useage. They usually go on the Japanese auctions for about $3,000. US.

SkylineUSA
04-15-2004, 11:17 PM
If you have the chance take a look at the GT-RS turbines. Here in Japan they are replacing the older GT series and have a higher power band. I have 2540's but I am really thinking to get the GT-RS set. Also I have had several Japanese friends with the Le Mans turbines, I rode in a R33 that had tem and the dude hit 1.6 boost. That hit the spot for seat slamin to me. The Le mNas turbines are designed for high performance and high useage. They usually go on the Japanese auctions for about $3,000. US.

For some reason the GT-RS here in England are not getting a very good rep. It maybe the engines are not being set up correctly. Vincent who comes on here every now and then, is getting his set up correctly, so we will see.

I have heard very good things about the GT-RS, but I like my power band a little lower.

Chaosr32
05-03-2004, 11:34 AM
Just a point to note...the T88H-34D is a relatively new model. It's not as new as the GK but should not be mistaken for the old T88-33/34D models.

Cheers,
Chaosr32.

Deee
07-16-2004, 11:48 AM
confirm the T88H-34D can acchived power 800-950 HP
our car running with boost only 1.85 B , got 920 BHP or 800wHP

http://rcweb.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10119/920BHP.JPG

Add your comment to this topic!