Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Power window manual release

jc3546
03-24-2004, 10:19 PM
I have a 1990 Accord EX with power windows. The front driver window decided to stop going up on a 10 degree day. All other windows work. There appears to be no drain on the electrical system when the switch is pushed to put the window up or down. At this point the window is about two inches from being completely down. Is there any way to release the motor or manually raise the window to a closed position without removing the motor/regulator? I have the door trim panel off so there is access, but I can not get the window to move up or down at all.

mwkirchner
03-27-2004, 04:01 PM
I have a 1990 Accord EX with power windows. The front driver window decided to stop going up on a 10 degree day. All other windows work. There appears to be no drain on the electrical system when the switch is pushed to put the window up or down. At this point the window is about two inches from being completely down. Is there any way to release the motor or manually raise the window to a closed position without removing the motor/regulator? I have the door trim panel off so there is access, but I can not get the window to move up or down at all.

NOPE :shakehead

wxlad
04-21-2004, 09:08 PM
I just had the same thing happen. Tomorrow i am going to check the switch. Did you find a fix for yours?

Igovert500
04-21-2004, 11:40 PM
I had the same thing...kinda....happen to me, if you have 10 mins, I would suggest taking your door apart and looking to see if you had the same problem as I did. Taking the door apart is relatively easy/self explanatory.
My problem was as follows:
The window pane is on a metal track, this is raised by a metal cross member in the shape of an 'x'. it folds down to lower the window and unfolds to raise the track/pane. Well my 'x', after much use, got bent and it couldn't fold over itself properly to allow the window to move all the way up or down..it got to the point where I was physically grabbing the window on both sides and raising it with some force. Well I unscrewed and took out this crossmember 'x', beat it straight with a hammer and put it back in, it worked fine..I would suggest reinforcing it somehow so the weakened metal doesn't bend again. Anyways, this is an easy problem to solve, and cheap, if this is the case...good luck.

Add your comment to this topic!