Should I Stay Or Should I Go......buy this

Boss San
03-24-2004, 04:38 PM
There's a nice dark blue '74 Scirocco:boink:for sale in my area and I'm thinking of buying it. Is it very hard to find new parts for these cars? They are fairly rare after all. Things like euro bumpers and new grills and lights, stuff like that. It's got spax springs, really nice interior for being thirty years old, new CV's, new ignition, new brakes (I think), new water pump, and a grip of other things.
The guy wants like $2700 I believe.
Good deal or what?:bigthumb: :thumbsdow
Should I step into the world that is Scirocco?

:feedback:

boschmann
03-24-2004, 08:39 PM
Are you planing on it being a driver or just something to play around with. I would consider it as a speculator as to what it might be worth in the future, but also can be used for personal fun. I'm not much of a scirocco fan but consider it to have high collectability. The car I keep for general transportation is a '90 Montero. I bought my '86 GTI as something to play around with that will probably be worth something when I get old, it's very original - something difficult to find these days. About twice a month I have someone ask me if I'd sell it. It's the same thing w/my '68 KG vert. I'd love to find an all original '75 Rabbit. If it's in really good shape I would consider paying that price, it seems a little high for my area.

Boss San
03-24-2004, 08:47 PM
I've got an '86 GTi right now, mostly for just driving but I do enjoy winding up the tach. every now and then to say the least. It's great and all, I'm just exploring my options on what to get next. The next car I get will probably be for about the same purpose (maybe). I guess I should look more into a commuter car and leave the leftover $ for a small project.

termitesgraffix
06-11-2004, 07:06 PM
yes it is kinda hard to find parts depending on where you go. thing is though... the rabbit and the scirocco are the same car as parts go. alot of the same mechanics and pieces are interchangable. good luck

Add your comment to this topic!