Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

AEM Pulley Kit and Nology Hotwires, Worth the money?

TakimotoRacing
03-24-2004, 09:25 AM
OK i purchased an AEM Tru Power pulley kit a few days ago. I did not get the Unorthodox kit because i do not want to replace my crank pulley as i have heard that doing so and having to remove the pretensioner shortens engine life. In any event, i now have the pulley kit sitting in my garage, and i am debating installing it or not...Have any of you done a pulley kit on your RSX (Base or Type S), if so, have you noticed any power gains on either the Butt Dyno or the contemporary Dyno? Does anyone have any info on how much i should stand to gain, if anything? I looked all over the net for info specific to the RSX and couldnt find anything. I do not have access to a dyno as the nearest one is almost 80 mi away, and it costs 200 for one run (i know, rip off) plus it doesnt help that im cheap and lazy. I am also debating a set of Nology Hotwires, but the only reports of any gains were 1-4 at the wheels. Thanks for all the help and info!

PoisonFangs
03-24-2004, 05:48 PM
I have friends with the pullies on their rsx and type s, and from what i hear there is a split second of difference in the quarter mile, I'm talking minimal. But me and my friends are in car shows and they add alot of beauty to the engine bay. As for the Nology wires. Its always good to upgrade on the ignition wires, and along with the nology wires i suggest Denso Irridium spark plugs, I have heard nothing but good things about Nology and the Denso spark plugs.

TakimotoRacing
03-24-2004, 09:33 PM
Thanks PoisonFangs, i have the AEM pulley kit on the way as well as a Circle Earth grounding kit and Denso Iridiums. Im guessing ill get the Hotwires as soon as my wallet allows.

PoisonFangs
03-27-2004, 09:19 AM
Its all about the money, and time. haha

Fuxwitus 1st
11-11-2004, 12:15 PM
i have the nology hotwires they r fantastik. if you get those get nology silverstone plugs while you at it

integrawhat
11-11-2004, 01:40 PM
i am also int the market for pullies and was deciding between aem and th UR can someone tell me more about the crank pulley problem and if its a real problem or just a rumor

Igovert500
11-11-2004, 03:19 PM
http://www.pacarsearch.com/stealth/udp.htm

This regards the UR pulleys on a 3000gt, but it should help give you an idea of the 2 sides of the debate. Personally, I don't plan on ever getting them, but then again, I know people who use them and have no problems...so decide for yourself.
Hope that helps.

whtteg
11-11-2004, 04:39 PM
I vote money better spent on something that will net you real gains instead of a bunch of marketing crap and false hp claims. :2cents:

kevin85193
11-11-2004, 06:28 PM
I vote money better spent on something that will net you real gains instead of a bunch of marketing crap and false hp claims. :2cents:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

94tegRS
11-11-2004, 09:26 PM
ahhhh, everything I have read today is over 6 months old, fuxwitus quit bringing up old shit

gsr916
11-11-2004, 10:38 PM
I dont see why all the slammin on pulleys. People get intakes and those will improve your 1/4 a fraction of a second if that. They still free up about as much power as an intake, and look hella pretty so why not? No one can fully decide on whether or not UR pulleys are the best ones to get... replacing the crank pulley rids of the stock harmonic balancer.... That would be a horrible thing if honda motors werent internally balanced... the crank for example is already fully balanced stock. I wouldnt put it on my car though, just not necissarily worth the risk. Pulleys will definitely free up a few hp though, so why not get them they are hella cheap.

b18ls
11-12-2004, 09:16 AM
Unorthodox Racing pullies are the best IMO. 13 months, no problems.

fISH...

94tegRS
11-12-2004, 10:45 AM
well, intake lets your engine have more/colder air so it actually builds more power, pullies just let the engine use more of its power to move the car instead of turning accessories, not really giving you power at all. and hopefully you dont have a huge system/lots of electronics that are already taxing your alternator cuz its probably gonna dim your lights like crazy now.

Add your comment to this topic!