Any aftermarket products to replace the rear lights?

jinushaun
01-07-2002, 11:39 PM
I don't normally follow the Lexus scene, but are there any aftermarket products to replace the rear lights? I think they're ugly, IMHO. Real ugly.

s0yb0mb
01-08-2002, 05:18 PM
none that I've seen. Do you even have an IS? I man an opinon is one thing, but to ask if they're replaceable is a thinly veiled attack wouldn't you say?

I replaced mine w/ the 2002 spec'd ones w/ black chrome.

jinushaun
01-08-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by s0yb0mb
Do you even have an IS? I man an opinon is one thing, but to ask if they're replaceable is a thinly veiled attack wouldn't you say?
No, I don't have one. But the problem is, I'm not even considering it or want one because of the lights. I thought, if there was a way to change them, it wouldn't be that bad. Trying to decide between BMW 3, Audi A4, or Lexus IS in the not so distant future.

I'm genuinely curious, and this isn't a "thinly veiled attack" as you say.

Btw, as much as I absolutely dislike the Altezza lights, I like the 2001+ RX300 lights.

s0yb0mb
01-09-2002, 08:55 AM
some compaines offer taillight covers that are painted to match the car color, but they look pretty ugly IMO.

jinushaun
01-10-2002, 10:25 AM
Yeah, I just saw the tail light covers over at is300.net. I agree, they are pretty ugly. Doesn't really help that my first exposure to such lense covers are on riced-out Civics.

Anyways, here's what I want the rear to look like.

border_project
01-11-2002, 12:09 AM
they sell the rear light covers or whatever they call it. its like a plastic that covers the clear part.....hmmm it may not even be a cover.
however they do have the option of the carbon look. its a little more descent.

but the IS is cleartails. they started the cleartail trend so they should stick with it.
but im not a fan of cleartails on other cars. sure they look nice on some cars, but it doesnt look that nice. now mazda and many other manufacturers are making clears. its getting boring

Add your comment to this topic!