Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

1994 Isuzu-Rodeo, V6, 5sp - Clutch is down to the floor.

Mikey-70
03-23-2004, 05:44 PM
OK, I changed the broken #6 plug which required removing the tube from the air cleaner to the intake. Replaced the plug and wire. Changed the oil "THEN" I went to start the Rodeo and the clutch went to the floor and stayed there.

I found the Clutch reservoir empty. I filled the reservoir and tried to pump the clutch back up but nothing it stays to the floor and if I move it up and down there is no resistance. There should be some resistance after filling the reservoir. The rod inside the car is still attached and moves when I manually move the clutch back and forth(I pull it back) by hand.

What could I have done to have this happen? and How do I bleed the clutch? It was fine before I started. I checked around and do not see what I could have touched to cause this. Ideas???

Thanks,

Mike

geg
03-23-2004, 10:15 PM
Mikey,
Your bleeded valve is on the slave cylinder. The slave is the unit on the bell housing that works the clutch. If you are losing fluid, it is a good bet that the slave or master cylinder is in need of repair. When you bleed the air out, make sure that the valve is the highest part of the slave. You might have to take it loose from its mounting bracket to acheive this. I just rebuilt my clutch master and had to go through the bleeding process.
Good luck, and welcome to the learning curve

Mikey-70
03-24-2004, 02:35 PM
Thanks geg.
Is the slave unit's bleed valve hard to see/find under the SUV? What side is it usually on, Drivers? Passengers? side of the bell housing. Is it attached to the Bell housing or trans?

I don't know how it happened, the clutch fluid was OK prior to the work I did. I raced the engine a few times to get the Oil out of the motor that ran down into the cylinder after putting the new plug in. Yea, I know I need to put a new valve cover gasket & seal kit on but am putting this off until I have better weather.

geg
03-24-2004, 11:23 PM
Mikey,
The slave is bolted to the transmission on the drivers side next to the cat. If it is covered with fluid, it is probably shot and will need to be fixed or replaced. Did you check to see if your master is leaking? Look under the dash on the drivers side. It is way up there. If it is leaking, fix it as well.
Good luck

Add your comment to this topic!