Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 rodeo check trans and cruise set light

ouchie1
03-23-2004, 04:01 PM
I have a 2001 rodeo my check trans and cruise set light come on when I am driving, But the lights only stay on for a few seconds. The transmission shifts different when these light come on for a few seconds. I have taken it to 2 dealerships and they are unable to catch this error. Sometimes the truck will shut down or the lights come on, truck shifts different, lights go off , truck rides fine.
What can I do?

amigo-2k
03-23-2004, 08:32 PM
Isuzu's do some strange things, when they have a weak battery, bad body grounds from the battery, or an alt that is putting out to much or to little juice.

You could also have a wire somewhere in the wiring harness that has rub through at some point or an animal decided to dine on it.

Check my FAQ's below for more general maintance issues for your Isuzu.

-Ryan

amigo-2k
03-24-2004, 09:48 AM
http://forums.vmag.com/suvrodeo0300/messages/2803.html

Could be a bad trottle position sensor.

rodeo02
03-24-2004, 02:20 PM
ouchie- when the trans acts up on you, does the "PRND321" indicator lights in dash cluster indicate the same gear you have selected from the console shifter? Kick it down into "3" when it acts up & see if the dash goes to "3". If it doesn't this could be a faulty trans range / mode sensor. These things cause the tranny to go whacky when they dont get a good signal.
G/luck
Joel

jetset45
01-29-2006, 08:27 AM
I have the same problem, except I have a 2000 Rodeo..."The check trans and cruise set light come on when I am driving, But the lights only stay on for a few seconds. The transmission shifts different when these light come on for a few seconds. Sometimes the truck will shut down or the lights come on, truck shifts different, lights go off , truck rides fine".

Help!

foghatch
11-21-2008, 10:38 AM
Did you ever get this problem fixed? I have a 2002 Rodeo that the same thing is happening. It would be great to know what worked. I have had the throttle body changed, a sensor in the pedal changed and the dealership wanted to change the EGR for $600. If you can help it would be great.

Add your comment to this topic!