Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

01+ Vortec in a 95 S10??

83Copenhagen
03-22-2004, 03:40 PM
Hey just wondering if anyone knows if this swap is easy.

I am plnning on buying a 95 s10 this week. It is a manual 4 cylinder with te extended cab 2WD. It's body and paint is in great condition.

I really wanted a vortec, but i cannot afford it. I was looking online at prices for an engine and tranny combo and i found an 02 S10 4.3 vortec 5 spd. for 1000$ with 10,000 miles.

My questions is this:

Will an 02 4.3 vortec swap into a 95 4-cyl directly?

I will def need new motor mounts, but what else would need to be modified, if anything???

Thanks!

83Copenhagen
03-22-2004, 03:53 PM
Also, what about an LS-1, LT-1. Probably need much more modification, but would it be a fairly easy swap?

I want to know my options before i buy this truck

jcas1411
03-27-2004, 01:52 PM
http://www.jagsthatrun.com/index.html

This link for the LT1, LS1 Conversion. You will spend a little more time and money for the LT1 conversion but the results will be better. This book is worth the money if you haven't done a V8 swap and considering it.
As long as you get the engine wiring and the computer with the Vortec it would be a pretty easy job. On my second V8 conversion though like it better.

rlith
03-29-2004, 06:02 AM
To do the 01 vortec swap into your truck you will need to swap and do the following

Needed:
Engine, tranny, engine harness, body harness, tranny cross member, mounts, most of the accessories for that engine, fuel pump, drive shaft..

Need to do: Have ECM reflashed to remove security and secondary air bag stuff..

83Copenhagen
04-07-2004, 09:54 AM
Finally Got a truck!!!!!

It's a 1997 S-10 Regular cab, Side-step bed, Metallic Brown, with moon roof.
2.2L 5 speed with 15,000 miles. Upgrades - cold air intake and Heartthrob cat-back dual exhaust.
16" Center Line Chrome rims with low profile tires.
1 1/2" drop.
It also has a bed cover.
NO emblems

I love it... got it for $5,500. Checked it out and everything looks great.

***The only thing is the rims limit the steering radius because they're a little too wide!
Does anyone know how to fix this... I was told there are limitors for the radius and they are welded on, probably meaning i would need to weld an enlarged version of this? Anyone know where it is in the car?

Planned future upgrades:
5% tint on rear window, 50% on front windows
Rain Guards
Chrome Grill
Bigger Halogen Headlight housings w/high voltage lights
Fiberglass Bed cover

In around 2 years I will be doing some kind of engine swap. Not sure which engine I want... I'm starting to research now for the best engine for my S-10. Definatly a 4 cyl or a 6 cyl. I heard of chevy's new car they are coming out with, has a 205 hp supercharged 4 cyl --- that might be an option... Or I might just do the Blazer vortec swap with a 5 speed transmition.

Any advice or suggestions??

Add your comment to this topic!