Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 Tundra Brakes

gregfry
03-22-2004, 10:13 AM
I have a 2000 Tundra v8 extracab
45k miles
I started experiencing some " flutter" when i pressed the brakes aroung 25k miles and figured the Fron rotors were slightly warped. I just replaced the front Pads and rotors this weekend and it still does it.

It doesn't do it consistantly all the time, i notice it more above 45 mph and when i slightly depress the brake pedal.

What could the problem be? Rear drums need turned?, shoes?, Something in the load /brake distribution thingy?, brakes need adjusted in the rear?, any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Greg

gator2764
03-22-2004, 11:54 AM
Some 00 Tundras had a problem with the rear drums as well as the front rotors. Take them off and have them checked.

lilchopshop
04-14-2004, 08:16 AM
There are plenty of TSBs about Tundra brakes. This is a very common problem. I had this problem with my 02 Tundra. The dealer installed larger front calipers, new rotors and pads and replaced a wheel bearing while they were in there. Total cost to me - $0. Brakes are smooth now. Since you are past the factory warranty, I'm not sure if Toyota will pick up the tab, but it's worth a call to the dealer.

Add your comment to this topic!