Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

acceleration problem

smoovcalhoon20
03-21-2004, 11:07 PM
when I shift to second gear no matter how far I push the accelerator is the engine hesitates to speed up. Basically the acceleration sucks. I just got a new distributor installed and a full tune-up by Japanese Auto Masters in Va. Beach and they told me that it probably was a bad oxygen sensor. I went to the dealer and it costs $150. Does anyone have/had a similar problem? If so it would be coow if you could give some feedback.

eleuthardt
03-22-2004, 08:18 PM
when I shift to second gear no matter how far I push the accelerator is the engine hesitates to speed up. Basically the acceleration sucks. I just got a new distributor installed and a full tune-up by Japanese Auto Masters in Va. Beach and they told me that it probably was a bad oxygen sensor. I went to the dealer and it costs $150. Does anyone have/had a similar problem? If so it would be coow if you could give some feedback.

Yeap, there is a TSB for that problem. If your ride falls into the bulletin, they will upgrade your ECU and you will be all set. Come over to Altimas.net and check out the FAQ for all the TSBs, mods and such.

http://www.nissantalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?&forumid=45

Add your comment to this topic!