Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

"Cross breeding" engines - Prsh GT2TT engine in Rnalt Clio v6 - dream or reality?

Hu_Dat?
03-21-2004, 08:34 PM
Just think of it... A GT2 flat 6 twin turbo inside a lightwieght mid engined Cilo. If your going to think about that for more than a minute I recommend taping a napkin to your chin so that you don't drool all over the keyboard.

Not that I would ever do this to my car but could you do it or would there be something wrong with the wiring or electronics something? I drive a Jeep Wrangler (unfortunetly) and I live in the U.S. so again, I'm just thinking Idealy here.

Generaly speaking, Can you "cross breed" one make with another make's engine?

I saw in a mag once this guy who had a BMW V12 quad turbo inside his skyline (1000hp... sick). however as cool as this was the guy had to basically custom build his skyline from scratch (I'm talking roll cage, a complete 1 piece carbon fiber body, etc). From the pics it looks more to me like he took a roll cage stuck a Bimmer engine in and covered it with a rather cheesy excuse for a skyline body. Also, since it is so non-fac, he can't drive it anywhere (track or street) so its kinda useless although still cool.

Besides this dude, does no one else do this because its impossible to do (assuming you don't have to make a whole new car), or just because its hard?

Note: I posted this message in the renault cilo forum too, so check it out if no one responds here

matt horton
03-23-2004, 12:37 PM
er.. sorry, but i dont think that the V6 cilo a really light car, quite heavy from what i have heard.

Hu_Dat?
03-24-2004, 03:04 AM
maybe it wouldn't be the coolest thing in the world, but what about my other question?

Add your comment to this topic!