Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Air Intake Kits

RoraStar96
03-21-2004, 03:14 PM
Hey gents

I noticed on jjdewds Cardomain page, a very pretty air intake with a short RAM pipe and K&N filter.

I was wondering if you folks know of any good options and prices other then RSM Racing. I found their prices to be a little steep. Unless I am totally wrong and uneducated on this issue :screwy:

I am also familiar with the owner of Domestic Performance so thats already taken care of ;)

Any advice or experiences you are willing to share?

Thx
JW

HiLife
03-21-2004, 06:12 PM
I'm interested in the intake info as well.

Also RoraStar96, have you checked out any Flowmaster exhausts before going with the MagnaFlow? Just wanted your opinion on both.

Thanks,

Indy8
03-22-2004, 10:52 AM
Look back at the "air box mod" threads. Those kits look nice, but allow too much hot air from the engine to be sucked in. You actually lose power.

jjdewd
03-22-2004, 01:56 PM
Hey gents

I noticed on jjdewds Cardomain page, a very pretty air intake with a short RAM pipe and K&N filter.

I was wondering if you folks know of any good options and prices other then RSM Racing. I found their prices to be a little steep. Unless I am totally wrong and uneducated on this issue :screwy:

I am also familiar with the owner of Domestic Performance so thats already taken care of ;)

Any advice or experiences you are willing to share?

Thx
JW

Hey Guys,

I have since pulled out that intake you see on my cardomains page!!! It was just sucking in too much hot air! Affecting performance and mileage.

The air box mod(gutting it out) has proven to be the best intake mod!!
You get cool air and a nice V8 sound.
There are several threads on this forum with detailed intructions

RoraStar96
03-22-2004, 02:24 PM
I had Magnaflows on my 89 Bonneville, and simply preferred the sound of the Maggers to the Flowmaster, both are quality product but I went with what I know ;)

Thanks for the intake tips guys, I will read back and dust off a few old threads on stock air box mods.

Thanks again

I dunno if its taboo, but we do have an Aurora forum created on BonnevilleClub.com, so feel free to come there too. The more Aurora information there is out there the better

:)

madcatter
03-27-2004, 04:33 PM
I noticed when I was scouting through the Aurora's at CarDomain, one guy had an aftermarket intake tube with an isolator. Don't remember whos it was but I would think that would hold out a little of the hot air. I want to find something that works 'cause the former owner of my car rolled the rubber tube under the hose clamp leaving a 2 inch gap underneath inviting dirty air into an unforgiving engine.
-N8

RoraStar96
03-27-2004, 07:23 PM
One of our members at BonnevilleClub.com, used to have a 1996 Aurora, just like mine and he had an RSM intake with a ported and enlarged TB. His dad helped him design a custom heat sheild that worked really well for him. At the end he was getting almost 300 HP at the crank. As well as 800W of power in an Audio system.

His new BonnevilleSSEi is something else to...effin fast!

However, I think I will do the airbox mod ;)

97 silverbullet
03-28-2004, 08:28 PM
just modify the air box look back on the threads and you should see what im talking about I gave three steps in modifying it.
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=140037&highlight=air+box

RoraStar96
03-28-2004, 08:38 PM
Great link Bullet..thank you!

Add your comment to this topic!