Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Questions about a 1992 Pickup

jbordwine
03-21-2004, 11:15 AM
I just recently bought a 1992 Isuzu pickup truck. Its all stock with the 2.3 carbed engine. It runs pretty good but there are a few questions I have about it. The biggest headache right now is the turn signals. The hazard lights work fine but the left and right turn signal wont work at all. When I turn them on I can hear the underdash flasher clicking very rapidly but the bulbs dont light up. When I turn the hazard lights on all four bulbs blink normally and the I can hear the flasher clicking at the normal pace. All the fuses are good, I replaced the flasher, and the bulbs are good. When I turn the hazard lights on, only the right turn signal indicator light on the instrument panel comes on. When I turn the signal lights on, neither of the indicator lights come on. Anyone have any ideas?

Also, I have some oil leaking around the oil pan. The Haynes manual says you have to unbolt the motor and lift it 4-5 inches in order to remove the oil pan??? Is this correct?

Is there a Weber carb available for the 2.3 engine? If so can most of the emissions stuff be removed?

From what I can tell this is mostly a Trooper forum so I was wondering if there are any forums dedicated to the Isuzu pickups?

desmarkus
07-26-2004, 12:59 PM
If your pick up is anything like the rodeo's try taking the turn signal switch off and cleaning the points with some sand paper. Just did mine and works great.

Try searching the rodeo site for some insite on how to do this, although I don't know if your pick up will be the same.

tnut55
07-31-2004, 07:19 PM
I seem to recall that my 92 pickup had a similar problem and it was in the switch on the column.

Be careful, I think there is a small plastic pin and a spring that will fly out on you when you dismantle. I had to put a new pin in that I made from a small piece of plastic.

Jetts
08-14-2004, 01:41 AM
no idea how to fix the blinkers but my 93 does that too, ohwell never used them too much. Also they do make a weber for the 2.3l i saw them on ebay for about 300 bucks

Add your comment to this topic!