Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

anyone here done their own clutch? tacoma? difficult?

csimon
03-21-2004, 07:20 AM
anyone here done their own clutch? on a tacoma? was it difficult? did you change the throwout bearing etc?

Shredhead
04-07-2004, 02:47 PM
I did it on a 93 2wd and yes it takes a long time, I had to modify a slide hammer hook to do the throw out bearing it was to big and there is two bolts at the top that are next to imposible to get a ratchet on so I had to use an open end box wrench to take off and put on but it was just me no help the trany is light enough for one person, just take Your time so you don't kick yourself later.

onemeantaco
04-10-2004, 08:23 PM
I changed the clutch on my 2.7 4x ext cab and it took me and one other person about 6 Hrs to do it, I suggest changing the throw out and pilot bearing, the pilot bearing is a real pain because the slide hammer doesn't fit the kind i used i could take 2 bolts apart and beat it in there, if you really get in there and inspect it good, it might be able to stay, the top bolts will be a pain, but i have a body lift so i could get an air ratchet in there

Shredhead
04-11-2004, 09:08 PM
Thanx for the correction Yes I meant pilot bearing not the throw out bearing which is the easiest to replace

Add your comment to this topic!