Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

89 LeSabre poor air flow from vents

cnatsu1
03-20-2004, 03:17 PM
Looking for some help on a poor air flow problem in my wife's car. I'm not getting a good air flow from the vents. I can hear and have seen the fan running (a vent opens when the a/c is set to max and I can actually see the fan running with a cover removed under the dash). I have vacuum and can see most of the actuators moving. Of course Chiltons tells me nothing. I'm getting some air but not enough and am guessing that there is either a leak where air is escaping or one of the acutators is not working properly.

As near as I can tell these are the color codes for the vacuum lines for the acutators. Yellow and Red open and close the diverter for the floor/heater -working. Orange opens the door for the a/c max -working. Green diverter from floor to defrost and vents - appears to be working. Blue for defrost - can see arm moving. Pink/Purple - vacuum line from engine.

Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

jdomjuan
04-19-2004, 08:38 PM
I had a similar problem. go to your fire wall there is a plastic cover on the left side by the a/c accumulator remove it, behind the accumulator you will see 3 screws on a little platform-like area.when you take the 3 screws out the piece comes right out it looks like a resistor.Inside of there there is something that looks like a small radiator when that gets dirty ,clogged up it blocks the air flow to the vents. get a degrease or cleaner spray it on then hose it off. the water you shoot in there will come out little by little. hope this helps you out.

cnatsu1
04-20-2004, 11:16 PM
Great!! Thanks for the tip. I was about to give up and take it in some where or look for another car. I'll give it a try.

Add your comment to this topic!