Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'94 Jimmy Dash Removal (attempting to remove heater core)

Blind Squirrel
03-19-2004, 04:04 PM
Grrr! this thing sucks. removed damn near everything i can, but still won't come off. radio out, glove compartment out, ash tray out, front speakers out, heater core bottom cover removed, part instrament panel removed (can't get the heater controls out, too taunt or tight, can't pull'em out far enough).

still hangs up in the middle part of the dash, down low. i can't see anything else that could be holding it on. any ideas? tryin to replace heater core. can take pic's if that'll help anybody. entire thing is lose and move's round except the middle part of it. i'm not sure if it has somethign to do with the steering wheel collum or the instrament panel.

brandon

EDIT: oh, also, does anybody else know of any other GMC Jimmy forums i could try?

Mr_B007
05-09-2004, 11:32 AM
Just did my heater core...not fun.
There are 4 nuts that hold the sterring colume up, undo those and pull whell toward rear of truck, and let it rest on the seat., There is also a support screw a 10mm I think, about the middle of the dash at the bottom underside, it too needs to come out. The heater contole has a few connections that have to be taken off before the dash will drop...Pix might help.

Add your comment to this topic!